• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Napster

No ⭐
Part of his speech in the Easter adjournment:

On 4 April, at Southend United football ground, I am proud to say that we shall be launching a strategy to tackle obesity. Sporting celebrities and people from the health and education services will attend the conference. My final remarks are also about Southend United. Last year the team reached the final of the LDV Vans trophy in Cardiff. Everyone said, "David, you've got to go along. You'll never see Southend in a football final again in your lifetime." What happened? The team reached the final again this year. I wish the manager, Steve Tilson, and the director, Ron Martin, the very best of luck for Sunday 10 April, when they will again be travelling to the Millennium stadium for the final against Wrexham. I hope that on that occasion justice will be seen to be done, the best team will win, and that the best team will be Southend United.

Was desperately hoping this would have been some breaking news about FF.

sad.gif

Is this the same David Amess who 2 years ago knew nothing about Southend United and I think had never even been to a game? (Unlike Teddy Taylor who has always backed the club)
Call me cynical, but there must be an election coming up!
rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (blue sky @ April 18 2005,12:23)]Is this the same David Amess who 2 years ago knew nothing about Southend United and I think had never even been to a game? (Unlike Teddy Taylor who has always backed the club)
rock.gif
Well, Sir Teddy's replacement as Prospective Parliamentary Candidate for Rochford and Southend East, James Duddridge, certainly knows his football... he actually was at Cardiff last Sunday week....
rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (blue sky @ April 18 2005,12:23)]Is this the same David Amess who 2 years ago knew nothing about Southend United and I think had never even been to a game? (Unlike Teddy Taylor who has always backed the club)
rock.gif
yes, hence my reason for posting. sorry i didnt add that, had to rush off.

btw, i did post something about duddridge as well- hes a southampton fan but is hoping to catch the southend bug...

Back