• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

David Cameron

Perth Bambi

Pinocchio
His physically disabled son died in the night. My feelings go out to him and his family.

Brown's child also died at about ten days and one of his other children have cystic fibrosis so will have a relatively short life expectancy. Very sad.

Seconded. But he must be gutted that it's not a few weeks before the election. The Jade Goody story shows that the British Public loves someone going through a bit of tragedy.

RS I think you will find he would be happy to be kicked out of the Tory party, if his son could be alive to day, nothing is worth the lost of a life especially one so young to gain a few votes

I think he was only about 6 or 7 years old.......same age as my son. I could not imagine what he is going through.

That is indeed a tragedy. No lover of Cameron or the Tories (nor Brown or Labour anymore either) but to lose a child must be the worst thing that can ever happen to anybody.

What can you say in a situation like this? As much as I don't like the colour of his politics, here's hoping Cameron & his family find the strength to carry on.

My condolences go out him and his family.

Has someone logged onto Osy's account? A suscinct statement where I was expecting references to Karma, Buddha and black magic.....

But I would echo the sentiment and it is sad news whatever ones political leanings. I didnt actually know his son suffered from this disability so I guess in this cynical world 'credit' has to be given that it is not something they have played on.

Regarding Rusty's comments about our culture at the moment.....I just saw on the yahoo homepage that the TV show have announced when they are broadcasting her wedding and that they expect record viewing. Im not really sure what it says about the viewing public but the idea of watching someones death being played out in front of them for their entertainment apalls me. I can understand her desire to make moneey for her children, and the awareness to the cause is great, but you have to question why people would want to tune in and watch this happen. I know Id prefer to watch Hustle.

cameronivan203.jpg

Rest in peace Ivan.

unfortunate feature in G2 today... talking about his family life etc etc.

RIP Ivan, my condolences to the Camerons.

Perhaps I'm feeling especially vulnerable after becoming a Dad not so long ago myself, but I feel heartbroken for David & Samantha Cameron.

Poor wee Ivan - rest in peace, lad. And top marks to Brown, whose response has been spot on in terms of content and delivery.

Perhaps I'm feeling especially vulnerable after becoming a Dad not so long ago myself, but I feel heartbroken for David & Samantha Cameron.

Poor wee Ivan - rest in peace, lad. And top marks to Brown, whose response has been spot on in terms of content and delivery.

... and unfortunately for Brown, experience.

Has someone logged onto Osy's account? A suscinct statement where I was expecting references to Karma, Buddha and black magic.....

But I would echo the sentiment and it is sad news whatever ones political leanings. I didnt actually know his son suffered from this disability so I guess in this cynical world 'credit' has to be given that it is not something they have played on.

Regarding Rusty's comments about our culture at the moment.....I just saw on the yahoo homepage that the TV show have announced when they are broadcasting her wedding and that they expect record viewing. Im not really sure what it says about the viewing public but the idea of watching someones death being played out in front of them for their entertainment apalls me. I can understand her desire to make moneey for her children, and the awareness to the cause is great, but you have to question why people would want to tune in and watch this happen. I know Id prefer to watch Hustle.

Hmm cant say ive ever made such statements on this type of subject ;)

Jades wedding can also been seen as hope , some one enjoying life, how ever much they have left.

Can only echo what's been said by others, terrible tragedy for the Cameron family, Ivan had epilepsy as well as cerebral palsy, I don't know how much he suffered in every day life, but I hope that if he was suffering then this was a release for him. Never any doubt about the love his parents had for him and the pride they also showed in him, very similar to Damon Hill and his campaigning with his own experiences with Down's. My heart goes out to them at this sad time.

I truly hope David and his family come through all the more stronger. It's so damned unfair, how such a young child can be subjected to such pain, and how a family can have a son they love and cherish taken away in such a cruel manner. I feel upset and angry at the same time.

We all know Gordon has no time at all for David politically or personally, but it was heartening to see all of that brushed aside in the House today with a word of condolence, so poignant and heartfelt - based, no doubt, on tragic personal experience too.

RIP young Ivan.

Back