• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

David 'Del Boy' Jason in racist joke row

Mad Cyril

The Fresh Prince of Belfairs⭐⭐
Jason Pakistani joke row

Harmless fun?

Political correctness gone mad?

Or has Britains favourite comedy actor turned back the comedy clock 30 odd years and re opened the door for Chalky etc. etc?

Last edited:
The horror! Loveable Del/Granville/Frost is a vile racist who would gladly throw little kiddies into gas chambers. Me Hat Me Coat? The BBC needs to get a ****ing grip. However, the Carol Thatcher episode clearly illustrated their total hysteria when it comes to race, so expect the full witchhunt.

Neither funny or racist, and this comes from a supposed lefty mug and a hater of absolutely everything Del Boy has been in.

The BBC haven't received a single complaint and they're still going potty. No wonder Bernard Manning didn't get booked to appear on Jonathan Ross before he went up to the great Embassy Club in the sky. The BBC management would have choked on their tofu as soon as Bern let rip.

The BBC haven't received a single complaint and they're still going potty. No wonder Bernard Manning didn't get booked to appear on Jonathan Ross before he went up to the great Embassy Club in the sky. The BBC management would have choked on their tofu as soon as Bern let rip.

Is the fact that no one has complained to the BBC due to the nature of the joke or the place that Del Boy holds in the nations heart (presumably somewhere in between Princess Diana and the Queen mother)?

Or that it was on Absolute radio?

Last edited:
It wasn't the BBC, it was Absolute Radio. Their spokesperson said that it was, "completely unacceptable," and confirmed that they had received, "no complaints."

So, if no-one's complaining.....?

It was a thoroughly stupid thing for such an experienced man to say on air, but it's not really racist. Mind you, as MK Shrimper points out, it's not very funny either.

Is the fact that no one has complained to the BBC due to the nature of the joke or the place that Del Boy holds in the nations heart (presumably somewhere in between Princess Diana and the Queen mother)?

Or that it was on absolute radio?

Hangs head, suitably shamed. You couldn't make it up.

Yeah just proves it's former name has the bigger reputation, as i am sure nobody would say Virgin Radio never heard of it.

and MK I am shocked that you hated Porridge, classic TV

Sorry BC, never did it for me. Bit too young first time round and then Young Ones/Blackadder "alternative comedy" came in which was more my bag.

I can't believe he said it, if you're going to tell a joke about Pakistani's tell a half decent one;

My favorite is, what do you call a pair of ****'s in a sleeping bag?

Twix.

As told to me by my local shop keeper.

Back