• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

EastStandBlue

Life President
Did anybody else just watch him completely destroy Macarinelli in roughly 45 seconds?

The first round was cagey, but Haye came out of the blocks in the first and tear Enzo apart. Haye becomes the undisputed champion and will now move up to Heavyweight... I'm expecting him to make big waves in a weight division that has been seriously lacking of fresh meat.

yea i was chuffed at the result. david haye is ****ing mean

Don't have Sentana or whatever its called, so couldn't watch it.

Have been following David Haye's progress for some time as I think he's one of the most exciting young English talents around (second only to Amir Khan).

Not sure how he will fare in the heavyweight division. I think he's a little on the small side and I'm not sure how he will fare against bigger men (bigger in terms of height and reach, not just weight). The heavyweight division sees plenty of big guys hiding behind their jabs and I think Haye could struggle against such a fighter because he leaves himself a little open and against blokes that size, one punch will knock you out.

However someone like Tyson wasn't the biggest and relied on his speed, and Haye has amazing speed that a lot of the lumbering heavyweights will struggle against. Given the dearth of talent in that division he could well make waves, I just worry about him being caught a few too many times, because it will be even more costly than in the Carl Thompson fight.

Well Haye has said that he has to regularly lose 2 half stone for every fight at 14st 4. So as it stands a 6ft 4 fighter at roughly 17 stone with his speed and skill should tear that useless heavyweight division apart imo.

and is he really going to be "that" quick at 17st??

Exactly, how much does he compromise his speed by bulking up?

I suppose the division is weak enough that he should be able to make rapid progress through the ratings, but I think he'll be more vulnerable that most to that one knockout shot because that chin seems to stick out.

It'll certainly be interesting to see him up against the likes of Valuev (at 7 foot plus) and Klitschkos (who are 4" taller). I don't think he's fought many fighters bigger than him at cruiserweight.

Back