• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

David Lee

Turkishshrimper

Right I know David Lee as he is from my way, nice fella anyway I always wind him up about leaving southend..
than on myspace I saw a chance 2 ask him the question I always wanted 2.... the message starts from the bottom!

how did i know that was coming when i see it was from you!!
no regrets mate!

----------------- Original Message -----------------
Date: Nov 15 2006 1:27 PM

do u regreat leaving southend???
----------------- Bulletin Message -----------------
Date: Nov 15 2006 13:11

You get to ask me 1 Question (TO MY INBOX)...any ONE question, no matter how crazy, personal, deep, or just plain stupid and I promise to answer it truthfully...the catch is...you have to repost this and see what people ask you....so go for it...its your lucky day!!!

I still think he does... deep down!!

Funny ~ when I spoke to him just before I moved away, he told me it was one of the worst decisions he's ever made (or at least an agent's made for him). Much like all the others, are you really convinced this is the real person?!

yeah it is..

as I know david and his bro jimmy lee as Im from the same area as them for a few years...

and he added me

he would neva admit it but his bro says he does.. cause I think I give him stick I wouldnt though... top bloke

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Turkishshrimper @ Nov. 17 2006,13:43)]yeah it is..

and he added me
Ah! That's the defining evidence!! "He added me!" Yeah, it's definitely him then ...

laugh.gif

glare.gif

Still think the Freddy Eastwood one is him?
wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Xàbia Shrimper @ Nov. 16 2006,16:44)]Funny ~ when I spoke to him just before I moved away, he told me it was one of the worst decisions he's ever made (or at least an agent's made for him). Much like all the others, are you really convinced this is the real person?!
Are there a lot of people on the world wide web masquerading as failed footballers then?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hong Kong Blue @ Nov. 17 2006,13:28)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Xàbia Shrimper @ Nov. 16 2006,16:44)]Funny ~ when I spoke to him just before I moved away, he told me it was one of the worst decisions he's ever made (or at least an agent's made for him). Much like all the others, are you really convinced this is the real person?!
Are there a lot of people on the world wide web masquerading as failed footballers then?
Im sure you would be really surprised

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Xàbia Shrimper @ Nov. 17 2006,12:50)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Turkishshrimper @ Nov. 17 2006,13:43)]yeah it is..

and he added me
Ah! That's the defining evidence!! "He added me!" Yeah, it's definitely him then ...

laugh.gif

glare.gif

Still think the Freddy Eastwood one is him?  
wink.gif
maybe the freddy one is fake.. fair play

I made my self sound like a little kid by 'added me' comment

But I can safely say its def david lee have a look urself!!!

david lee myspace page

Added to my friends along with Freddy Eastwood, Billy Paynter, Kevin Maher and Shaun 'Feed The' Goater

I saw David Lee in Matalan last week, just as he was picking out a five pack of sports socks for £1.99. I shouted across to him - "bet you regret leaving Southend now Daveeeee!!"

I kid you not when I say he had real emotion in his face as he held those socks tight to his chest and pondered what might have been. I sensed he knew right there and then that those synthetic (65% polyester) socks could have been so different. He could have been holding a pair of Nike socks with stripes down the sides...socks that would have meant something (and cost 11.99 for a pack of three.)

"I guess we'll never know what might have been...." he replied wistfully as he put the socks in his basket and began perusing the Diadora Tracksuit section.

sad.gif

Didn't reply to me! I am offended.

For a man with no regrets it's strange how the two yourtube clips on the site are both from his time at Southend......  
wink.gif

The only time he ever made it onto TV perhaps?

For what it's worth I liked him as a player (not too sure about the 'curtains' haircut though).

Back