• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

David Tennant and Patrick Stewart

Mr Gilbo

Manager
Went to see the aforementioned in Hamlet up in Stratford-upon-Avon yesterday. It was a superb production, and the performances not by just the main two where fantastic. I was sat spellbound for over 3 hours. I was also able to see Tennant in Love's Labours Lost on the same day, once again spellbinding. Tennant's performances were a joy to behold. The boy is destined for bigger and better things.

If you ever have the opportunity to see Tennant or Stewart in anything I would take it. You will not be disappointed.

Roll on 1st January when I am taking my parents to Hamlet. Can't wait to see it again!

Patrick Stewart is just an amazing actor. It's a shame that he'll always be known as "that bloke off Star Trek".

I'm so so so jealous! They are both legends. David Tennant I would have in a heartbeat and Patrick Stewart seems like one of the most genuinely nice people on the planet. I had the great pleasure of seeing him do his one-man version of A Christmas Carol a couple of years back and was blown away. They both are superb actors

preferred dave stewart, legend guitar player, the tourists and eurythmics....shakespeare...over-rated. discuss.

Last edited:
Perhaps I am a complete philistine but I truly believe the audience of most plays are spending their time trying to convince themselves that they should be enjoying themselves rather than actually doing so.

I like to think of myself as cultured but I've never got Shakespeare either. However Forbidden Planet & West Side Story are great :)

I can understand what is going on in Shakespeare, can quite happily read the texts (and did so before I saw the plays). However, I will hold my hand up and say that I did zone out in a few of the long speeches!! You do have a concentrate tho.

That boy Tennant will go far, might have to give up dr who and move stateside tho. Hope he picks the right movies.

Back