• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Shrimper

Life President
Who put the ball in the Bury net?
Worrall, Worrall
Who put the ball in the Bury net?
David ****ing Worrall

Got to be sung on Saturday surely?

After hearing about the loss of his baby I think a chant is the least we can do.

I never heard about that, certainly does explain why he hasnt been playing. Terrible blow for him.

Worrall: "That goal was for my son Noah and for my girlfriend. I went to his grave this morning and told him I was playing back in Bury."

Hero.

And he'd never had a free kick at goal for us or Bury before. Understandably he welled up after he'd scored. Utterly amazing guy. A Shrimper story that will be told forever.

so happy when he scored that goal..and now a tear in the eye recounting what he said about his baby to my girlfriend....perspective of course and now a true blue legend for that alone....noah would be proud of daddy

Awful news, what an incredible man he is battling through such a tragic loss. Would a minutes silence be appropriate on Saturday?

Absolute legend, to play on tonight through that is very brave and I'm glad he could get on the scoresheet for his son. Deepest condolences to him and his family, things like this put things into perspective and no matter how "massive" tonight's result is it pales into significance compared to that. Hopefully he'll be up to playing again soon and bring back what he offers to the team, which is fantastic.

Awful news, what an incredible man he is battling through such a tragic loss. Would a minutes silence be appropriate on Saturday?
If there isn't one organised by the club then I'm sure TBV can help to arrange a minutes applause or something like that in, say, the 7th minute. More than worthy of it.

If not then maybe a minute's applause in the 7th minute, as Worrall's squad number is 7.

I don't think so. It's a very tough thing to have to deal with and in situations such as this people just want to be left alone to grieve IMHO.

Last edited:
If not then maybe a minute's applause in the 7th minute, as Worrall's squad number is 7.
Indeed, depends whether the man himself would appreciate a minutes silence or not. The applause is a good idea either way though.

Back