• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I remember reading an article many years back that said Beattie had been crippled by to many Cortisone injections. Back in his era that's what the clubs used to do to injured players.....They were expected to play.

It won't be alright on the night - Dennis Norden dies at the age of 96. RIP Dennis.

First one on the board for me this year - one of those creaking gates you thought was going to last for ever. Dry humour and the perfect host of the Film series and IBAOTN. RIP Dennis.

On reading the news about Dennis Norden, my first thought was "I'm sure a few people had him in the SZ bucket list this year (and about the previous three years) "

On reading the news about Dennis Norden, my first thought was "I'm sure a few people had him in the SZ bucket list this year (and about the previous three years) "

3 years?

I've been including him since at least 2010!

https://www.shrimperzone.com/forums/threads/deadpool-2011-2010-result.64468/#post-1234907

To be honest I thought he was all ready dead .

Me too. Every year I think surely he's not still eligible and have to google him and get surprised when he is still alive. Sadly no more.

UPDATED HITS BOARD

ROB B (Billy Graham, Burt Reynolds Dennis Norden Doug Ellis) 4 points

Yorkshire Blue (Jim Bowen, Aretha Franklin Dennis Norden) 3 points

Wight Shrimper (Dale Winton Dennis Norden) 2 points

Suffolk Shrimper (Vic Damone) 1 point

Benfleet A1 (Billy Graham George HW Bush) 2 Points

Blueronron (Billy Graham George HW Bush) 2 Points

Clinton Baptiste (Aretha Franklin George HW Bush) 2 points

Napster (Ken Dodd) 1 point

*ORM* (Bill 'Selwyn' Maynard) 1 point

SUFC Ross (Aretha Franklin) 1 point

OldBlueLady (Dennis Norden) 1 point

Gt Yarmouth Shrimper (George HW Bush) 1 Point

Floval Flyer (George HW Bush) 1 Point

Prawn (George HW Bush) 1 Point

The Big Shrimp (George HW Bush) 1 Point

Last edited:
Never heard of him personally, but Peter Cunliffe (he created Postman Pat and Rosie & Jim....I remember them though) has died age 85.

Not a massive fan of Jefferson Airplane but they came down in the not bad column. He was never 76 in that photo surely.

I was a huge fan back in the day.Photo was taken in 2016,so after heart surgery and what looks rather like a botched face lift.He always looked rather older than the rest of the band, especially Grace Slick and Paul Kanter,probably because he was.They had a reputation for doing quite a lot of drugs too.

I was a huge fan back in the day.Photo was taken in 2016,so after heart surgery and what looks rather like a botched face lift.He always looked rather older than the rest of the band, especially Grace Slick and Paul Kanter,probably because he was.They had a reputation for doing quite a lot of drugs too.
I thought he looked ok for his age. Tell me a band from that era who weren't popping, sniffing and puffing or worse.

I thought he looked ok for his age. Tell me a band from that era who weren't popping, sniffing and puffing or worse.

True.Although I thought the Zombies looked in pretty good nick when I saw them at the Palladium last September.Also hope the Manfreds will give a good show at the Cliffs when I'm over next month.

Maybe Brit. bands were a bit more sensible than their US counterparts.:Winking:

True.Although I thought the Zombies looked in pretty good nick when I saw them at the Palladium last September.Also hope the Manfreds will give a good show at the Cliffs when I'm over next month.

Maybe Brit. bands were a bit more sensible than their US counterparts.:Winking:

Most bands go through their drug stage, either die or nearly die and get cleaned up. Drugs and music go together like Kurt Cobain and heroin - unless you're Sir Cliff.

Back