• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Saw the buzzcocks about 4-5yrs ago, they actually played in Chelmsford which nobody does these days! They were really good.

RIP Pete

Saw them about a year ago (as well as back in the day, in Chelmsford as it happens}. Last year Shelley didn't look particularly sprightly and Steve Diggle effectively fronted the band.

A sad loss, I remember going out and buying 'what do I get' the day it hit the shops. I don't recall doing that for any other single.

Saw them about a year ago (as well as back in the day, in Chelmsford as it happens}. Last year Shelley didn't look particularly sprightly and Steve Diggle effectively fronted the band.

A sad loss, I remember going out and buying 'what do I get' the day it hit the shops. I don't recall doing that for any other single.

I wouldn't say he looked sprightly when I saw him but it was a good enough vocal performance and barring Iggy Pop (who was awesome) I've come to expect a less energetic set from aging rockers.

I was born in 81 so never got the opportunity to see them in their prime unfortunately.

Blimey, similarly I've met him a couple of times and been to many a gig over the years.

As well as the above, I used to listen to his late night show on Kiss FM and he did do a couple of nights at the club in the Westcliff Leisure Centre. Can't remember the name now for the life of me!

Blimey, similarly I've met him a couple of times and been to many a gig over the years.

As well as the above, I used to listen to his late night show on Kiss FM and he did do a couple of nights at the club in the Westcliff Leisure Centre. Can't remember the name now for the life of me!

Pimpernels ?

UPDATED HITS BOARD

(Missed a hit) Apologies maninasuitcase

ROB B (Billy Graham, Burt Reynolds Dennis Norden Doug Ellis) 4 points

Yorkshire Blue (Jim Bowen, Aretha Franklin Dennis Norden) 3 points

Wight Shrimper (Dale Winton Dennis Norden) 2 points

Benfleet A1 (Billy Graham George HW Bush) 2 Points

Blueronron (Billy Graham George HW Bush) 2 Points

Clinton Baptiste (Aretha Franklin George HW Bush) 2 points

Napster (Ken Dodd) 1 point

Suffolk Shrimper (Vic Damone) 1 point

*ORM* (Bill 'Selwyn' Maynard) 1 point

SUFC Ross (Aretha Franklin) 1 point

OldBlueLady (Dennis Norden) 1 point

Gt Yarmouth Shrimper (George HW Bush) 1 Point

Floval Flyer (George HW Bush) 1 Point

Prawn (George HW Bush) 1 Point

The Big Shrimp (George HW Bush) 1 Point

maninasuitcase (John Bluthal) 1 Point

Sister Wendy the art critic nun who wasn't adverse at looking at a knob or two (on paintings) pops off.

And the last one of 2018 is musician Ray Sawyer, best known for the song "When your in love with a beautiful woman".

Sylvia’s Mother all time favourite

DR Hook,right? I was once on a plane with the group on a flight to South Africa,where they were playing a gig,back in the mid-90's.Should hasten to add they were upstairs in first class. supping champaigne not downstairs in tourist class like me and the rest of the WSC's party going to the African Nations Cup Finals.

Thanks to all those who entered and/or contributed to this thread ths past year.

We have a clear winner namely @ROB B who wins a prize of absolutely nothing but take a bow anyway :Clap::Clap::Worthy:

Back