• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Deadpool 2019

Actor Paul Darrow, notably Avon in Blakes 7 has departed to the great Orac in the sky. RIP Paul. :Frustrated:

With his first hit this year,@Suffolk Shrimper In Dorset joins the board.

Prawn (Doris Day, Bob Hawke) 2 Points

Napster (Stanley Donan) 1 Point

maninasuitcase (Shane Rimmer) 1 Point

fbm (Doris Day) 1 Point

Kingshrimper (Doris Day) 1 Point

Suffolk Shrimper in Dorset (Herman Wouk) 1 Point

Last edited:
After being nudged gently by @OldBlueLady who is now on the board (Sorry I missed it), updated hit list as follows:

Prawn (Doris Day, Bob Hawke) 2 Points

Napster (Stanley Donan) 1 Point

maninasuitcase (Shane Rimmer) 1 Point

fbm (Doris Day) 1 Point

Kingshrimper (Doris Day) 1 Point

Suffolk Shrimper in Dorset (Herman Wouk) 1 Point

OldBlueLady (Sir Timothy Kitson) 1 Point

All I know of him was the interviews he did with Nick Kent (NME). To my knowledge I've never heard a single track by him or them.
The first 13th Floor Elevators album is a psych classic, I reckon you might like some of it. And of course he wrote Slip Inside This House which you'll have heard Primal Scream's version of I'm sure, although that was more of a re-working than a straight cover.

The first 13th Floor Elevators album is a psych classic, I reckon you might like some of it. And of course he wrote Slip Inside This House which you'll have heard Primal Scream's version of I'm sure, although that was more of a re-working than a straight cover.

Cheers. I'll have a listen if they're on the usual streaming services.

I thought you would be a fan! I was listening to Babylon on the way to work - great album.

I remember the first time I saw himlive was at the Cerdanyola Blues festival when he strolled through the audience -and was happy to chat with fans like me-the night before he was due to play -when Corey Harris was stage.

The last time I saw him was at Marciac (France) a couple of years ago,when he had a gris-gris- vodoo doll on his piano.

A great loss to music,

Franco Zeffirelli, Italian film director pops his clogs at the ripe old age of 96. Arrivaderci.

Back