• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Deadpool 2019

Remember going to Newquay for new year a good few years back and seeing him at a motorway services. One of my mates said "alright Bob" to which Bob nodded and rolled his eyes with contempt. It was the perfect response given his on screen persona.

Bob was from that era when cricketers used to play football in the winter. He played in goal before being called up for England winter tours.

Of course no young player would be allowed to bowl like him in the modern world. His iconic and almost comical run up and delivery would be coached out of him. He played through some serious pain during his career and as others have said the verdict will never be the same or as honest again.

An old workmate of mine thought he was a complete and utter $hit after t-boning his daughters car and blaming her for the accident - even though upwards of a dozen witnesses said it was totally his fault - and doing his utmost to wriggle his way out of taking responsibility for his actions for which he ultimately and reluctantly held his hands up to. Still, mustn't speak ill of the dead and he was a good cricketer.

Sorry mate. It didn't say it was a serious accident.

I've deleted my post in respect.

Glad all was OK.

Ron Saunders.

That was a great Villa side of 80-81.

Last edited:
RIP - Star Trek’ actor René Auberjonois has died at 79

Terrific actor, Star Trek DS9 was one of my favorite shows.

Marie Fredriksson of Roxette fame has died.

One of my favourite bands of the time, her illness still didn't stop her performing when she could but it was sad to see her a shadow of her former self.

RIP Marie

Marie Fredriksson of Roxette fame has died.

One of my favourite bands of the time, her illness still didn't stop her performing when she could but it was sad to see her a shadow of her former self.

RIP Marie

Very sad, hard to believe she was 61.. R I.P

Back