• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Deadpool 2019

Ah, big shame. RIP Scott, I'm not too familiar with his solo work I have to say, but those Walker Brothers songs are some of my favourites...and his voice.....wow.

Ah, big shame. RIP Scott, I'm not too familiar with his solo work I have to say, but those Walker Brothers songs are some of my favourites...and his voice.....wow.
The first 4 solo albums are truly wonderful - if you like the Walker Brothers then you should definitely check them out. My favourite solo album is Climate of Hunter from 1983, but that's very much a product of the early 1980s and won't appeal to most people who like the '60s records. I'm not a huge fan of his post-millennium output, but the first track on 1994's Tilt remains the best thing he ever did IMHO.

The first 4 solo albums are truly wonderful - if you like the Walker Brothers then you should definitely check them out. My favourite solo album is Climate of Hunter from 1983, but that's very much a product of the early 1980s and won't appeal to most people who like the '60s records. I'm not a huge fan of his post-millennium output, but the first track on 1994's Tilt remains the best thing he ever did IMHO.

Cheers, I'll have a listen on if they're on Spotify or YouTube. I must say, I can sing Jackie word for word (even the slightly dubious lyrics in our post-modern world!) :Cool:

I had forgotten just how much the Walker Bros music was part of my teenage years. And I have to admit to owning the Walker Bros greatest hits CD which often features when we're driving somewhere distant. Scott Walker, thank you for the music of my adolescence through to modern day. You will be thought of fondly each time we sing along. Oh, and Joanna is still one of Mrs RHB's favourites.

Yes terrible shame about RR. No age at all.

I saw The Beat back in the early 2000s when they reformed to play The South Bank. Brilliant gig.

The band Her's (duo Stephen Fitzpatrick, 24, and Audun Laading, 25, as well as manager Trevor Engelbrektson) die in car crash whilst on tour in the US. I'm not aware of their music but what terrible news. RIP all 3.

Billy McNeill, former Celtic captain and the first Brit to lift the European Cup dies age 79. RIP Billy.

Ken Kercheval, American actor best known for playing Cliff Barnes in Dallas, dies age 83.

Boyz N The Hood director John Singleton is going be taken off life support after suffering a stroke. Tragedy, only 51.

Last edited:
Back