• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Deadpool 2019

Saw them at the Cliffs in 2011, but I think only Mark 'wacky thumbs' King and Mike Lindup were there from the original line up. They were the absolute bollocks but failure to play 'Leaving Me Now' left a sour taste. Boon played a mean funky guitar - love the beginning of 'Living it Up'. RIP.

Seen them at the Cliffs a couple of times now. They never play too much old stuff, they seem to like a bit of the Sirens muskc, especially Build myself a rocket. I'd love to hear Mr. Pink live, the bass intro is out of the ball park.
Back to Boon, his given name is Roland, but as a baby he never cried, which his mum said was a real boon. The name stuck

And like many of that era, no charge was ever brought.
Nothing like a bit of trial by social media mind.

Like Stuart Hall, Saville & Rolf Harris you mean?

Starr: On 10 July 2015, the High Court dismissed a claim for slander and libel that Starr had brought against the woman who had made the allegations relating to his appearance on Clunk Click in 1974.[29] The woman's claim was found to be true, but the case could not proceed because of the passage of time.[30] He emigrated to Spain, but denied this was due to the legal bill estimated at £1 million saying he had planned to move to Spain whatever the outcome of the court case.[31]

Like Stuart Hall, Saville & Rolf Harris you mean?

Starr: On 10 July 2015, the High Court dismissed a claim for slander and libel that Starr had brought against the woman who had made the allegations relating to his appearance on Clunk Click in 1974.[29] The woman's claim was found to be true, but the case could not proceed because of the passage of time.[30] He emigrated to Spain, but denied this was due to the legal bill estimated at £1 million saying he had planned to move to Spain whatever the outcome of the court case.[31]

I had forgotten all about that Programme

Google it and the IMDB page comes up with this fine upstanding line up.....

1557496638143.png

Only on a technicality.
If there is no guilty verdict passed then that individual does not have a conviction....its not like Not Proven in Scotland which is "we know you are a wrong un, you know you're a wrong un , but we don't have enough evidence"

Criminally , it has to be beyond reasonable doubt , which it wasn't so no conviction.
In Civil law it is balance of probabilities' which is why the Libel case failed .

So basically, its more likely than not that he was a nonce.....but he is not a criminal

Back