• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Deadpool 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tony Scannell, actor probably best known for the corrupt Ted Roach in The Bill joins the choir invisible. RIP Tony.

Tony Scannell, actor probably best known for the corrupt Ted Roach in The Bill joins the choir invisible. RIP Tony.
Well I couldn't remember him so looked him up on Wikipedia. Then I did remember him.
I clicked on his dad and it said he was a professional footballer (goalkeeper) who played once for Ireland. His only professional club was apparently the mighty Shrimpers. ?

Well I couldn't remember him so looked him up on Wikipedia. Then I did remember him.
I clicked on his dad and it said he was a professional footballer (goalkeeper) who played once for Ireland. His only professional club was apparently the mighty Shrimpers. ?

made his debut on the same day as Jim Stirling, 16/12/1950. Joined from Tilbury for a few seasons before joining Folkestone.

Just heard that Michael Angelis died. Aged 76.

For me he‘ll always be Thomas the Tank Engine.

Was good in the Liver Birds too.

RIP

I didn't associate him with TTTE at all, that was Ringo Starr! I do of course, remember him as Carol's (Elizabeth Estensen) brother, Lucian, in The Liver Birds.

I didn't associate him with TTTE at all, that was Ringo Starr! I do of course, remember him as Carol's (Elizabeth Estensen) brother, Lucian, in The Liver Birds.
Ringo Starr was the original narrator, but only for a couple of years. Michael Angelis narrated Thomas for 11 years.

Great actor. Very sad news

Sweet must of had something , there records are still being played 50 years after they first came into the charts , RIP Brian , Mick and Steve .

Ricky Valance died on Friday aged 84. He'd been suffering with dementia for a long time apparently. One of those unforgettable voices, and the singer of one of my all time favourite songs. RIP Ricky.

Bob the streetcat has trotted over the rainbow bridge aged 14 (98). Seemed to have around for ever.

So I was in the Coral betting shop(no longer there)in the 80s in Alexandra street Southend as it was just down the road from the Southern snooker hall we used to hang out in. In walks Willie Thorne and Alan Hughes the snooker master of ceremonies at that time. Him and Alan were both putting on bets on the horses. As you probably know, Willie had a gambling problem that would be with him most his adult life. So he asked Jan the shop manager what price was he to win the snooker competition at the Cliffs Pavilion called The Matchroom Trophy. I think he was down to the last 4. Steve Davis being the big favourite. she said 6/1. He was a good player at that time. He wanted to back himself, and add a horse in a £200 double. She phoned up to O.K. the bet and it was accepted. I asked Jan after, that I thought he wouldn't be allowed to bet on snooker if he's involved, she said he wouldn't be allowed to bet on a match he was playing in, but betting outright is accepted. Things were looser in those days, and betting on your own sport would be tightened up later. She said they told her on the phone to take all Willie's bets. So after hearing him wanting to back himself, I said hello to Willie and Alan, and asked if he is playing well. He said he fancied himself to win it as he was flying on the practise table coming into the tournament and had made 2x147s. He also said some players didn't like the Cliffs Pavilion venue, but he loved it. He was very easy to talk to and a genuine warm guy. The horse won, but sadly he lost in the final to Dennis Taylor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back