• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Deadpool 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Latest update, please let me know if I've missed anyone.

@Lord Football (Chris Doleman, Bernard Ebbers,
Terry Jones, Qaboos bin said
Jill Gascoigne Hosni Mubarak)
All 1 Point each with 1
point each for unique hits) 12 Points

@Prawn (Daniel Arap Moi 2 Points,
Javier Perez de Cuellar. 2 Points) 4 Points
@LCBB72 (Eddie Large 2 points, Kirk Douglas Vera Lynn 1 point) 4 Points

@Cricko (Kirk Douglas, Little Richard Vera Lynn) 3 Point
@maninasuitcase (Little Richard 1 Point, Everton Weeks 2 Points) 3 Points

@OldBlueLady (Honor Blackman) 2 Points
@Benfleet A1 (Kirk Douglas Vera Lynn) 2 Points
@Blueronron (Kirk Douglas Vera Lynn) 2 Points
@Gt Yarmouth Shrimper (Kirk Douglas Vera Lynn) 2 Points
@ROB B (Kirk Douglas Vera Lynn) 2 Points
@The Big Shrimp (Kirk Douglas Vera Lynn) 2 Points

@Rootshallbloke (Kirk Douglas) 1 Point

Last edited:
For those of us that witnessed the 1966 final live, thank you so very much Jackie Charlton. I'm sure that all the surviving team members of 66 will attend your funeral. Rest in peace big Jack, we'll never know now whether you took out all the names in your little black book.

For those of us that witnessed the 1966 final live, thank you so very much Jackie Charlton. I'm sure that all the surviving team members of 66 will attend your funeral. Rest in piece big Jack, we'll never know now whether you took out all the names in your little black book.

Weird thing for Jack Charlton he wasn’t an original England No 1, that was Sheff Wed player called Evans who was the No 1 star, but for some reason he was never picked for England many believe it was because it was unfashionable club

For those of us that witnessed the 1966 final live, thank you so very much Jackie Charlton. I'm sure that all the surviving team members of 66 will attend your funeral. Rest in piece big Jack, we'll never know now whether you took out all the names in your little black book.
I am not sure that Nobby Styles as he is not well , that only leaves George Cohen , Roger Hunt , Sir Geoff Hurst and Sir Bobby Charlton .

Hadn’t spoken in years something re the mums funeral

Yep, sad story really, quite well publicised. Jack and Bobby's mum fell out with Bobby's wife. Bobby backed the wife and didn't see his mum after 1992, and when she was ill before her death in 1996. Jack had a go at Bobby about this, and also said things about Bobby's wife in the newspapers. Bobby responded by saying Jack was a disgrace and a bully. So they didn't speak to each other after. So it's no certainty that Bobby will be at the funeral, and if he does go, it will be extremely awkward.

Yep, sad story really, quite well publicised. Jack and Bobby's mum fell out with Bobby's wife. Bobby backed the wife and didn't see his mum after 1992, and when she was ill before her death in 1996. Jack had a go at Bobby about this, and also said things about Bobby's wife in the newspapers. Bobby responded by saying Jack was a disgrace and a bully. So they didn't speak to each other after. So it's no certainty that Bobby will be at the funeral, and if he does go, it will be extremely awkward.

Didn't Jack present Bobby with a lifetime achievement award at SPOTY a couple of years ago and call him the best footballer he'd ever seen?

Didn't Jack present Bobby with a lifetime achievement award at SPOTY a couple of years ago and call him the best footballer he'd ever seen?

That was in 2008. They wasn't speaking then, even tho they got Jack to present the award. Jack then came out with more stuff about Bobby's wife, and that was that. I don't know if they spoke in the last couple of years as Jack was ill.

That was in 2008. They wasn't speaking then, even tho they got Jack to present the award. Jack then came out with more stuff about Bobby's wife, and that was that. I don't know if they spoke in the last couple of years as Jack was ill.

The presentation was in 2018, most of the papers are reporting that they did reconcile at that point.

I doubt anyone thought back in 66 that these lads would still be our only world cup winners. With each winner that passes its a reminder of the more innocent times and the working class roots of the beautiful game.

On a brighter note, my signed 66 shirt must be going up in value.

I doubt anyone thought back in 66 that these lads would still be our only world cup winners. With each winner that passes its a reminder of the more innocent times and the working class roots of the beautiful game.

On a brighter note, my signed 66 shirt must be going up in value.
Is it signed by the whole 66 team .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back