• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

DEADPOOL 2021

Very sad news, never owned one ourselves (Atari 800XL was our first proper home computer) but lots of friends had the 'Speccy 48k' and much fun was had thanks to Sir Clive.
I struggled with Manic Miner - couldn't get past the snapping toilet seats.

Pee Wee Ellis. One of the best sax players around

Sadly missed.Remember seeing him and his band the JB Horns tucking in at a restaurant/bar in Gracia (round the corner from the club where the group were playing later. Also saw him backing Ginger Baker and Van* back in the day.

*Got a nice return wave from him as we caught up with Van's backing group in a minivan after a concert at the Pueblo Espanyol back in the day (not from Georgie Fame who was obviously too cool to do that sort of thing). :Whistling:

Last edited:
Harsh. The first few albums are great.
Maybe but I remember seeing them at the height of their fame on the same bill here with The Pogues back in the day.Even with a very drunk Shane MacGowan (who needed to shown by a roadie with a torch where the stage and his mic. was) The Pogues were musically a far superior band.

Maybe but I remember seeing them at the height of their fame on the same bill here with The Pogues back in the day.Even with a very drunk Shane MacGowan (who needed to shown by a roadie with a torch where the stage and his mic. was) The Pogues were musically a far superior band.
Cool story.

****ing hate the Pogues. I'd take any version of UB40 over them any day of the week. I don't really care much for musical superiority, there's more to it than that IMHO.

Back