• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

DEADPOOL 2021

Sally Ann Howes at 91.

Chitty Chitty Bang Bang was one of my first trips to the cinema at one that used to be roughly where the empty Debenhams is now. Still love watching it.

Sally Ann Howes at 91.

Chitty Chitty Bang Bang was one of my first trips to the cinema at one that used to be roughly where the empty Debenhams is now. Still love watching it.

She certainly was toot-sweet.

The cinema was the Ritz which became a Top Rank bingo hall, later demolished to make way for the Royals.

Sally Ann Howes at 91.

Absolutely one of my all time favourite films. She was the wrong actress for me, I think most people wanted Julie Andrews to reprise her connection with Dick Van Dyke from Mary Poppins, but she absolutely proved everyone wrong and was perfectly cast.

RIP Sally Ann Howes.

Sally-Ann-Howes-2-400x209.jpg

As for the Ritz, it was probably my favourite of our three big cinemas in Southend with a fantastic art deco facade and a lovely bar on the 1st floor. You can see from this link to the excellent Southend timeline exactly where it was in relation to where the Royals was built.

RIP Mark Taylor... original designer of He-Man, Skeletor, Castle Grayskull and many other Masters of the Universe characters.

Ah, that is a shame, I used to really like her, she had a great presenting style. Shame both she and Cheggers died so young.

I think that she was one great broadcaster. I loved her enthusiasm for the up-and-coming bands/artists from years ago.

"It's a sad thing to reflect on the great joys of certain people's strengths when they're gone, knowing that really they should have been proclaimed when they were with us.

Janice Long was one wonderful DJ. I loved her enthusiasm for the bands and artists who she championed. I think the best accolade I might seek to write is this - the best DJs are like great friends. In this respect, Janice was one of the best friends on the radio."

(Rob Spooner, 27.12.21)

Not everyone's cup of tea, I know, but Morrissey spoke of her good qualities earlier: -

https://www.morrisseycentral.com/me...YUKUfG29Fii4j2HYtiVhGgMS8mg3yAT6pbv_Dd0WST_J4

Back