• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Deadpool 2023

Sorry - didn't have any anecdotes about seeing DC once in the 70s :Smile:
In Birmingham.
Actually I saw him (along with Graham Nash) much more recently than in the 70's.Not in Brum either but at the Palau de La Musica back in 2005.Remember GN going on how about how lucky we were in Barna to have such a venue!

Saw CSN in Bournemouth around 2010/11, great concert. I am amazed Crosby lived to be 81 considering his life style, but some of his recent solo work is well worth hearing. Just McGuinn and Hillman left of the original Byrds.

I am not sure if it is urban legend but I head David Crosby was quoted as saying something along the lines of "I was sent to jail for something I didn't do. I didn't hide the drugs and guns"

I am not sure if it is urban legend but I head David Crosby was quoted as saying something along the lines of "I was sent to jail for something I didn't do. I didn't hide the drugs and guns"
I think he was a bit peeved about being sent down for five years after being found in possession of "only a quarter of a gram of coke" at a nightclub. It was about a couple of years after John Lennon was shot and he was also carrying a gun - he never used to before JL's murder. He didn't do the whole stretch, I think he was paroled about after a few months - but he said that time helped him to kick the coke.

I think he was a bit peeved about being sent down for five years after being found in possession of "only a quarter of a gram of coke" at a nightclub. It was about a couple of years after John Lennon was shot and he was also carrying a gun - he never used to before JL's murder. He didn't do the whole stretch, I think he was paroled about after a few months - but he said that time helped him to kick the coke.
His autobiography 'Long Time Gone' (1989) gives a full account of all this and is well worth reading.

Right, here are the 2023 Deadpool entrants:

Basilrobbie

Joan Armatrading
Michael Barrymore
Gordon Brown
Jimmy Carter
Bobby Charlton
Faye Dunaway
Al Gore
Lindsay Hoyle
Don King
Chuck Norris

Dave Smith's Love Child

Ian Botham
Jimmy Carter
Neil Diamond
Nigel Farage
Dick Van Dyke
Des Lynam
Piers Morgan
Richard O'Sullivan
Sting
Stevie Wonder

Maninasuitcase

Bobby Charlton
Dick Van Dyke
Clint Eastwood
Lee Grant
Gene Hackman
Cliff Jones (played for Wales in the 1958 World Cup)
Bob Newhart
William Russell (the Doctor's first assistant)
Eve Marie Saint
MJK Smith

Napster

Lou Adler
Joan Bakewell
Cher
Michael Flatley
Glynis Johns
Yayoi Kusama
Dalai Lama
Ken McAlpine
Martina Navratilova