• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Dean Austin - Coaches Voice

Razam

Coach

Apologies if this has already been posted.

Apologies if this has already been posted.

A decent read, but I'd had rather he spoke about the spell at Northampton and what went wrong as opposed to how great a coach he thinks he is.

What a great read. You can't help but come away from that wanting Dean involved with us one day.

If (and i didenjoy the read ) is appointed i would hope he takes Fagan as his assistant ,i think Fagan could learn a lot from the experiences Austin has had ,and maybe SUFC will then have a succession plan in tact.Im still of the belief that Fagan will be a very very good manager given time .But saying all this whoever is appointed has my blessings and i will support that person and his team .

Liked him as a player but as potential manager it would need more than few paragraphs of name dropping and the usual football whinge of sacrifice and injury to land a another job.

Ready to go to war together......Talk is cheap.....We need a couple of defenders who like heading a football and wont turn their back on an obvious side foot, pass of a shot. We need a manger who can see that his left back is knackered and needs to come off. Harry Kyp v Gills....He had played about 20 minutes of football in 18 months.....Most of us knew before KO he had an hour in him at best but no worries Tom Clifford was LM so its the easiest sub of the season....10 minutes into the second half the whole ground could see it including Steve Evans......None of us needed El Tel or Brendan Rogers to point it out, yet the best brain in football didn't see it...Nor could the rest of the £18,000 per week Sol dream team.

Like most things in life, the more complicated you make it the less likely your are to succeed.

Last edited:
rigsby, I think you assessment is bang on regarding Dean Austin. Being a good coach does not always translate into being a good manager, and the evidence from his managerial spell at Northampton was not exactly encouraging.

Back