• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Dean Macey

Uncle Leo

This cook is an anti-semite
Wonderful to see Canvey Island's Dean Macey win the Commonwealth Decathlon this morning. If this guy could stay 100% fit for a whole season, who knows what he could achieve?

Great stuff
smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ Mar. 21 2006,09:30)]Top lad!  Played Deano!

biggrin.gif

Is he a Shrimper, a Marsh Rat or (even worse) a Hamster...?

rock.gif
I'm fairly certain he follows Arsenal - as do so many people on the Island. I think he may have been on their books as a teenager, may be wrong about that though.

whoever he supports hes a legend, a true example of dedication and committment. No one deserved it more than him, great guy! Good on ya Dean

Just saw the award ceremony, quite touching seeing his wobbly jaw and trying not to shed any tears. A great effort from one of essex's very own

[b said:
Quote[/b] (CI-City Blue @ Mar. 22 2006,13:23)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Uxbridge Shrimper @ Mar. 21 2006,09:31)]I'm fairly certain he follows Arsenal - as do so many people on the Island.
Not all of us, I have you know...  
wink.gif
I just remember from my days living on Canvey a few too many Gooners for my liking.

There were never enough Shrimpers in Canvey when I lived there...
sad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Uxbridge Shrimper @ Mar. 22 2006,14:09)]
[b said:
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Uxbridge Shrimper @ Mar. 21 2006,09:31)]I'm fairly certain he follows Arsenal - as do so many people on the Island.
wink.gif
I just remember from my days living on Canvey a few too many Gooners for my liking.

sad.gif
Sadly it is still the same.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (canveyshrimper @ Mar. 22 2006,14:14)]
[b said:
[b said:
[b said:
wink.gif

sad.gif
There's still a Southend sticker on my old bedroom window at my Mum's house. Even in my absence I'm trying to do my bit!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Uxbridge Shrimper @ Mar. 22 2006,14:16)]
[b said:
[b said:
[b said:
[b said:
wink.gif

sad.gif
There's still a Southend sticker on my old bedroom window at my Mum's house. Even in my absence I'm trying to do my bit!
Fortunately there are many enlightened people still on the island.

Had to go to Canvey yesterday for work and all I saw was west ham hats and tracksuit tops, it made me feel quite ill I can tell you, you could certainly tell they had made the semis of the cup!

However, back in Southend there was nothing to be seen except the blue of SUFC which is certainly an improvement on the bad old days.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Jai @ Mar. 22 2006,16:04)]Had to go to Canvey yesterday for work and all I saw was west ham hats and tracksuit tops, it made me feel quite ill I can tell you, you could certainly tell they had made the semis of the cup!

However, back in Southend there was nothing to be seen except the blue of SUFC which is certainly an improvement on the bad old days.
Last time I was back in Canvey - two weeks ago - I noticed an awful lot of Chelsea shirts, tracksuits etc. Don't remember ever seeing Chelsea stuff a few years ago. Funny that.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (canveyshrimper @ Mar. 22 2006,15:11)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Uxbridge Shrimper @ Mar. 22 2006,14:16)]
[b said:
[b said:
[b said:
[b said:
wink.gif

sad.gif
Fortunately there are many enlightened people still on the island.
I thank you
rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shepherd's Bush Shrimper @ Mar. 22 2006,16:38)]Many Congratulations to Dean, I'd love him to be fit for the next Olympics and get a medal...

No doubt they were dancing on the streets of Canvey last night...?
laugh.gif
If he's fully fit, he's difficult to stop. A truly awesome athlete.

Alas, that is one big if....

Back