• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

onceknownasrab

President
My dear chap, if indeed you are PS or one of his stalwarts, I do hope you get a chance to read this. Of course your true identity may come in an anagram of your name ( one clue I RM ). If this is true I still hope you get to read this! I have heard so much about 'confidence players' blaah blaah blaah, but it was abundantly clear that even on our long unbeaten run this Blues side underperformed on far too many occasions. I accept that pound for pound they are not the best players in league 2 and that the results suggest they have been punching well above their weight but the fact remains they are not the worst in this division either and yet too frequently give a plausible impression of being so. Last nights debacle made things abundantly clear. One thing for sure is you need to employ a few shrinks for the team and that is not a reference to Bilel but to the rest of the snivelling, sulking babies that took to the field against Bradford. The poor performances and now poor results have got nothing to do with technical ability, its to do with mental inability. But now I have mentioned Bilel I shall speak of him. Remember that whilst some players bemoan the loss of a game at Anfield, the wrong decision on your part now could affect the entire future career of Bilel. I know he has been in the wrong but the guy needs a club that will stand by him and help him. One thing you must take into consideration is that yes, he loses it but when he always gives 100% and continually looks around himself on the pitch to see teammates playing so poorly it is no wonder he loses it. I know he needs to channel things more positively but if he deserves the boot for being one of the most passionate of our players then equally many of your favourites deserve the boot for being unable to give their all on the pitch.
All in all you need to tell this side the truth. World beaters they ain't but as a unit promotion contenders they are. But if they want to go up they have to buck up, grow up and show up on the pitch!

This should of been more of a rant about the gutless, awful, abject hoofball performance we had to witness last night, but turned into yet another Mohsni rant.

Paul if you do read this, give the players a good rest, get them back in before Christmas, work on passing the ball and give Sawyer a run in the side please.

"A Mohsni rant" ? I thought it was rather supportive of him.

He may have his flaws, but it's certainly a lot more dull when he's not around ! In fact it was worse than dull. How can we be made to look second best by a team that hasn't won away for nearly 8 months, hasn't scored away in the League for nearly 3 months. We weren't mugged for this result, they thoroughly deserved it. They seemed to want it more than us. Why would that be, cluniemore ?

Start with Sawyer and Grant give Ferdinand and Leonard a rest. Decide on a position for Moshni I think if he starts a game it should be at centre back and if he is coming on as sub then up front for the last 25 minutes or so.

Harris or Blair need the ball into their feet to play to their strengths.

One lucky goal or break falling our way and the confidence will come flooding back. We have shown we are a good team.

Onwards and upwards!

The difference was that bradford were composed on the ball looked for space and passed to feet and had plenty of pace and attacked in numbers . We were predictable clueless and lethargic and had the kind of attack threat that my nan could muster.

TBF to paul sturrock non of us have ever been a fan of his style but whilst it was bringing results we suffered it , but now were not it just looks dull.

Anyone who thinks the level of football we are playing is worthy of £21 needs the head examined. I would have felt robbed last night if i had paid a fiver

My dear chap, if indeed you are PS or one of his stalwarts, I do hope you get a chance to read this. Of course your true identity may come in an anagram of your name ( one clue I RM ). If this is true I still hope you get to read this! I have heard so much about 'confidence players' blaah blaah blaah, but it was abundantly clear that even on our long unbeaten run this Blues side underperformed on far too many occasions. I accept that pound for pound they are not the best players in league 2 and that the results suggest they have been punching well above their weight but the fact remains they are not the worst in this division either and yet too frequently give a plausible impression of being so. Last nights debacle made things abundantly clear. One thing for sure is you need to employ a few shrinks for the team and that is not a reference to Bilel but to the rest of the snivelling, sulking babies that took to the field against Bradford. The poor performances and now poor results have got nothing to do with technical ability, its to do with mental inability. But now I have mentioned Bilel I shall speak of him. Remember that whilst some players bemoan the loss of a game at Anfield, the wrong decision on your part now could affect the entire future career of Bilel. I know he has been in the wrong but the guy needs a club that will stand by him and help him. One thing you must take into consideration is that yes, he loses it but when he always gives 100% and continually looks around himself on the pitch to see teammates playing so poorly it is no wonder he loses it. I know he needs to channel things more positively but if he deserves the boot for being one of the most passionate of our players then equally many of your favourites deserve the boot for being unable to give their all on the pitch.
All in all you need to tell this side the truth. World beaters they ain't but as a unit promotion contenders they are. But if they want to go up they have to buck up, grow up and show up on the pitch!

That....is....brilliant. I know Ron has voyeured SZ for a long, long time now and your thinking could be asolutely right! Too much of a coincidence?

That....is....brilliant. I know Ron has voyeured SZ for a long, long time now and your thinking could be asolutely right! Too much of a coincidence?
Ron's never been one for telling us anything useful, I hardly think he would take on a pseudonym to leak little snippets of information to us hoypoloi.

I think there's some overreaction to the game, yes we were pure **** but we were always going to look shaky, we played twice in 3 days, and no doubt the result on Tuesday was on some players minds (even though it shouldn't be,) the main problem that needs to be assessed is Hall. The opposition have figured him out and as long as they put 2 men on him we don't look threatening, and without mohsni it's even easier to just mark Hall, we need another attacking midfielder if we're to have any hope of creating chances (Sawyer?) I also think Harris should not be starting, he is too slow to start. At this level though players get tired and slow down towards the end, so I think Harris would look 10 times better if he came on as a half hour sub, his best performances this season have been from the bench.
However like I said its not time to panic yet, we have a long break now and hopefully that will give us the time to recover and get back to winning ways

Its been said not just by me that Bilel was unhappy he wasn't allowed to move to Blackpool.

Maybe Ferdinand and Hall aren't perforning like there were because they are also peeved because they may have been told they are not going next month.

A thought. I'm prepared for the stick

I think there's some overreaction to the game, yes we were pure **** but we were always going to look shaky, we played twice in 3 days, and no doubt the result on Tuesday was on some players minds (even though it shouldn't be,) the main problem that needs to be assessed is Hall. The opposition have figured him out and as long as they put 2 men on him we don't look threatening, and without mohsni it's even easier to just mark Hall, we need another attacking midfielder if we're to have any hope of creating chances (Sawyer?) I also think Harris should not be starting, he is too slow to start. At this level though players get tired and slow down towards the end, so I think Harris would look 10 times better if he came on as a half hour sub, his best performances this season have been from the bench.
However like I said its not time to panic yet, we have a long break now and hopefully that will give us the time to recover and get back to winning ways

I agree with much of this. What worries me about Hall is not so much that teams are doubling up on him, but that when they do, this ought to leave more space for someone else to take advantage of, but no-one does. It was noticeable how much we improved when Sawyer came on playing wide-left last night, because suddenly Bradford had attacks from 2 wings to think about and their doubling up on Hall finally left them exposed somewhere else. We allowed them to go most of the match without having to worry about this however. Not that I think that wide left is Sawyers best position but he plays it pretty well.
Incidentally, I think Grant also played a big part in the improvement, since he is much more physically robust than Ferdinand and also gives the team more forward drive.

Its been said not just by me that Bilel was unhappy he wasn't allowed to move to Blackpool.

Maybe Ferdinand and Hall aren't perforning like there were because they are also peeved because they may have been told they are not going next month.

A thought. I'm prepared for the stick

Borrrrriiiiiiiiiiing

Why Boring? There maybe an element of truth in it.

Teves kicked up a stink when he couldn't sanction an immediate exit from City.

A few Spurs fans tell me Modric is pvtly seething he couldn't get his move to Chelsea.

But we are talking about Southend. If they double or triple their money elsewhere they would want to. So if there being told to stay put? Anythings possible

Eto'd was another. deliberately played badly till Inter gave in to his wish to go to Russia.

Sometimes truth hurts and conveniently turn a blind. eye to not what we want to hear.

During the unbeaten run a lot of the rose tinted ones on here were singing from the rooftops making out we were never going to lose again and with Stick I said don't get too get carried away because it may come back to bite you.

What Happens? A couple of defeats and we're holding exagerrated inquests. Wasn;t my words bourne out.

Eto'd was another. deliberately played badly till Inter gave in to his wish to go to Russia.

Sometimes truth hurts and conveniently turn a blind. eye to not what we want to hear.

During the unbeaten run a lot of the rose tinted ones on here were singing from the rooftops making out we were never going to lose again and with Stick I said don't get too get carried away because it may come back to bite you.

What Happens? A couple of defeats and we're holding exagerrated inquests. Wasn;t my words bourne out.
I'm not as big a fan of Mohsni as some other people on here but I don't think you can accuse Mohsni of deliberately playing badly, his problem is that he gets too into the game and ends up letting that interfere with his discipline, leading to rash tackles or sometimes when he plays as a defender being out of position (which is why I think he should just stick to being a winger if he stays, where he has a lot of potential to be great.)

A few Spurs fans tell me Modric is pvtly seething he couldn't get his move to Chelsea.

But we are talking about Southend. If they double or triple their money elsewhere they would want to. So if there being told to stay put? Anythings possible

Maybe he is, but if he is its not affecting his performances.

Players have too much power nowadays, if we dont want to sell someone they should just get on with it!

How does showing possibly a bad attitude and playing crap engineer a player a move? Fine if you're Carlos Tevez or Luka Modric, world class players. Not so if you're playing in the 4th division where by displaying such an attitude is more likely to put a buyer off.

Last edited:
My (conspiracy) theory, such as it is, is as follows

Listening to PSs interview after the Oldham game it seemed clear that Mohsni was out, he'd had enough of trying to coax and coach him and had admitted defeat, some players too seemed to wash their hands of him, the (latest) incident the straw that finally broke the camels back .. of course these reports came out with the chance of Anfield going the same way as Wembley just a week before still very fresh in the mind

Time passes, BM "apologises" to the fans and management (team mates?) and Sturrock says Tuesday is forgotten and we go on to produce one of the most gutless performances i've seen in many a while

Now here's the bit where 2+2 = 7

What if Sturrock goes to Brady and Martin and says enough is enough we want Mohsni gone, they think about the fans reaction to them sacking/releasing a fans favourite and think of the grief they will get if our promotion bid goes tits up on the back of it .. not to mention the £s they'll lose in the process either buy having to sack him or by accepting a minimal bid in January so tell PS and the players to shut up and get on with it, Bil is staying

Players not happy and we go on to produce one of the most gutless performances i've seen in many a while

The flip side is that if the players did truly want him out then surely they should've rolled their sleeves up, smashed Bradford 5 zip and flipped 2 fingers to RM/TB to say "we don't need him"

Just a thought of course ...

I don't know how Sturrock had the nerve to start his "being factual" thread. We do play hoofball, we aren't a gifted side at all but he has managed to accumulate a decent points total thus far, however we have and always were going to be found out.

Credit for getting us where we are but please PS don't try and BS the fans, we know what hoofball is and this team has become quite good at it.

The number of posts which say we were always going to get found out is growing. We are having a bad spell, but let's see where we are in 6 weeks time to discuss whether we've been found out

Back