• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Nick Prawnby

First XI
Has anyone with a surname starting with A got their season card refund yet?

Yes you. Anthony Aardvark of Abacus Avenue, Ashingdon.

Coz I'm still waiting.

And no I don't want it to be sucked into a players purchase fund.

And yes I do expect the club to keep their word to someone like me who stumped up his Xmas bonus money to buy a card in good faith.

I know I'm the long suffering milch-cow who invests his hard earned cash in the faint hope of a glorious season ahead, (EIGHT months ahead in this case) when I could have spent it on the missus/kids/panto/me instead.

Because I knew the club was in Poop Boulevard and just thought it would in some way help a bit of the cash-flow at MY club if I paid well up-front and anyway England might have won the World Cup and we were going to stay in League One of course.......

But now I've got people around me at the Hall taking the mick because I was the only silly sod to do it (or admits to it).

So should I keep moaning about it or shut up and let Ron pay me back in his own time?

Errr let me think....

WHERE'S MY FRIGGIN EIGHTY QUID!

i got mine a week ago, trouble is the cheque bounced.

many thanks

A1 ABBA tributes (Aberdeen)

Evening Echo. Thursday 26th August

SOUTHEND United’s season card holders have spoken of their fury after it was revealed the club has failed to pay them money they are owed.

Supporters who purchased their season cards early are due an £80 refund, after Blues opted to lower prices following their relegation to League Two.

The club insist they will send out cheques to those affected by the end of the week.

But the money was due to be paid before the start of the season – three weeks ago – and the delay has frustrated some of Blues’ most loyal followers.

“I’ve followed Southend all my life and I spend a lot of money and time down there, so to be treated like this is ridiculous,” said 33-year-old Gareth Widdecombe, from Shoebury.

“Every time I go in to the ticket office I’m given a different story and it’s not a nice way to be treated. I’ve supported this club for 23 years and will continue to do so, but we were told the money would be with us before the start of the season and we’re still waiting.

“Managers, players and chairman come and go at football clubs, but the fans stay the same and we deserve to be treated better than this.”

Fairly run of the mill for Ron really, dont pay anybody till the very last minute, and only when you really have to, not that surprised.

Im getting a bit peed off about this now. I cancelled my ticket months ago. They owe me £75. They are **** taking cretins and I want MY money.

I might have to send the boys round if they don't sort it soon.

has no-one thought of threatening to take them to the small claims court?

Would cost more than we are owed, in my letter re the ticket office I made it clear several promises have been broken re the repayment of our money and I want my money that I paid out before Christmas, of course the letter is unanswered at the moment!

Speaking to LDNFatso the other day a very good point was made, if by some miracle we had have won the World Cup would be still be waiting for the full £380 or would Ron have taken out an "insurance policy" and paid us out, I think we all know the answer to that one!

Would cost more than we are owed, in my letter re the ticket office I made it clear several promises have been broken re the repayment of our money and I want my money that I paid out before Christmas, of course the letter is unanswered at the moment!

I could be wrong - but I thought the small claims court only cost about £25 - and I think you could add that cost to your claim.

has no-one thought of threatening to take them to the small claims court?

I would not have thought you could make a claim. You bought something, willingly, at the price it was at the time. That item was supplied.

The fact that the item was subsequently reduced in price does not entitle you to a refund. If the club has agreed to make a refund that is surely a goodwill gesture. Admittedly the goodwill diminishes with each subsequent broken promise on timings of repayment.

All cheques were been issued yesterday. Now just waiting for them to be posted. Not sure if the cheques were signed or will bounce, but there we are.

Web site still maintains they will be issued before the start of the season. Problem is what season! All right people saying that we bought the tickets at the old rate, but they were for League 1 football before relegation was confirmed. I am not surprised but a lot of long standing season ticket holders have not renewed and are only prepared to buy tickets for each game. The fair weather supporters, as we all know have now dissappeared so even more important for the club to look after those they still have.

Up The Shrimpers

UTB

All cheques were been issued yesterday. Now just waiting for them to be posted. Not sure if the cheques were signed or will bounce, but there we are.

Up The Shrimpers

UTB

Got my cheque this morning, hope it won't bounce. Seems that things are slowly getting sorted.

They reneged on their promise once again then, as you should have got them a couple of days ago. As things are, that's very good for them, so I'd count your blessings.

A similar thing happened to me only thing was they called me an left a voicemail saying i owed em £78.50 for an unpaid season ticket only thing is i didnt get a season ticket this year, so i phoned up the ******* an explained, only for them to say there was no record of the call or me an claimed they didnt even phone me ?
That is how useless they are i even spoke to the **** who phoned me only 10mins prior to me calling em back !?! Work that out !?!

A similar thing happened to me only thing was they called me an left a voicemail saying i owed em £78.50 for an unpaid season ticket only thing is i didnt get a season ticket this year, so i phoned up the ******* an explained, only for them to say there was no record of the call or me an claimed they didnt even phone me ?
That is how useless they are i even spoke to the **** who phoned me only 10mins prior to me calling em back !?! Work that out !?!

The ticket office is clearly not fit for purpose.

Back