• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Dear Ron Martin

If the club is available for a fair price i think it's incredibly likely there would be interest (as stated previously for years). It's down to Ron to accept failure on his target and accept some sort of loss as he can't deliver the goal. It will actually help him!

You know my feelings on Ron. I want Rexit as much as any other anti-Ron fan, on this forum.

But as it stands, it is simply impossible without the councils’s green light on FF.

I’ll say it again, as far as I’m aware (although happy to be told otherwise) Ron does want to sell.

He allegedly tried selling the club, at the back end of last year. The Dutch consortium, (allegedly fronted by a man known to Southend as Van Wezel) were interested, but they wanted the green light from The Council, before going ahead with the takeover.

Now for sure, this could all be bollocks, and again, I’m happy to be corrected if that’s the case, but that’s what I’ve heard, and it’s from a pretty solid source.

So to put it simply, we can boycott, we can protest & we can abuse Ron in the stands until we’re blue in the face, but it sadly won’t change a thing.

The only chance we have of Ron relinquishing this club of ours, is if the council green light the move to FF. Until they do, we are stuck with him.

More and more people are coming round to the idea of starting again in the basement leagues - which admittedly doesn’t bother me as much as it maybe should - but be aware that it is actually a very real possibility.

If the Council intend to continuously deny us a green light....... well, can anyone see Ron continuing to muddle through indefinitely?

[Edit: No need to call out the owners to specifically endorse the content of your post]

Last edited by a moderator:
You know my feelings on Ron. I want Rexit as much as any other anti-Ron fan, on this forum.

But as it stands, it is simply impossible without the councils’s green light on FF.

I’ll say it again, as far as I’m aware (although happy to be told otherwise) Ron does want to sell.

He allegedly tried selling the club, at the back end of last year. The Dutch consortium, (allegedly fronted by a man known to Southend as Van Wezel) were interested, but they wanted the green light from The Council, before going ahead with the takeover.

Now for sure, this could all be bollocks, and again, I’m happy to be corrected if that’s the case, but that’s what I’ve heard, and it’s from a pretty solid source.

So to put it simply, we can boycott, we can protest & we can abuse Ron in the stands until we’re blue in the face, but it sadly won’t change a thing.

The only chance we have of Ron relinquishing this club of ours, is if the council green light the move to FF. Until they do, we are stuck with him.

More and more people are coming round to the idea of starting again in the basement leagues - which admittedly doesn’t bother me as much as it maybe should - but be aware that it is actually a very real possibility.

If the Council intend to continuously deny us a green light....... well, can anyone see Ron continuing to muddle through indefinitely?

@Cricko @South Bank Hank if I’ve said anything in there that could be construed as actionable, feel free to alter as appropriate

Frank Van Wezel is the owner of Hi-Tec, and has been a Southend United director for many years. I assume he still is.

Thing that really gets my goat is why aren't Messrs. Van Wezel, Markscheffel etc putting the pressure on Ron to offload the club and entertain outside investment?...as board members they should be held accountable for the clubs positions as well. After all if it goes to the wall, they do as well.

If they are, then lets hear about it. Give the fans some hope of an alternative. Someone else to get behind.

It just seems nobody wants to stand up to Ron, be it board members, the manager, staff, fans... Sad.

Last edited:
Thing that really gets my goat is why aren't Messrs. Van Wezel, Markscheffel etc putting the pressure on Ron to offload the club and entertain outside investment?...as board members they should be held accountable for the clubs positions as well. After all if it goes to the wall, they do as well.

If they are, then lets hear about it. Give the fans some hope of an alternative. Someone else to get behind.

It just seems nobody wants to stand up to Ron, be it board members, the manager, staff, fans... Sad.
Why would they publicise a desire for outside investment? There’s a reason these things are kept quiet and at the end of the day it’s in the clubs interest.

Not sure what it is that means people expect football to be run completely differently from any other business.

Thing that always surprises me is when you look at the directors box ...our side half empty with a lone man sitting at the back ...opposition side full to the rafters. Mind you Ron has managed to entice and then discard people like Tara and who was that fella who owned Icon films that lasted about 2 years?.
Seems like the players aren't the only ones who disappear!

The Echo today reports that HiTech is now owned by Rajesh and Rajiv Batra.
Southend United Football Club Ltd

Directors

Ron Martin aged 67 Managing Director and owner of around 23 companies including Southend United Football Club Ltd

Dutchman Frank van Wezel aged 78 is a Southend United Director at the club and was also Hi-Tec founder in the 1980's but Hi-Tec changed hands on the 7th December 2016 when he resigned as Chairman and Director of all the Hi-Tec companies, it is now owned by Rajesh and Rajiv Batra.

Another Dutchman Patrick Carl Van Der Waag aged 56 is the Southend United Football clubs Company Secretary and Head of Finance.

David Michael Markscheffel aged 79 is a Southend United Director at the club, was also a director of Universal Cycles but left that company 24th December 2007 when Mike Ashley (Sports Direct) acquired 80 percent of the company while 20 percent of the company remained in the hands of brother and sister Gavin and Sarah Markscheffel.

Gary James Lockett aged 57 is a Southend United Non Executive Director at the club, a company director at a number of other companies in Insurance and property most notably Managing Director at Insure & Go Insurance Services until March 2011.

Southend United Football Club Ltd

Directors

Ron Martin Aged 67 Managing Director and owner of around 23 companies including Southend United Football Club Ltd

Dutchman Frank van Wezel aged 78 is a Southend United Director at the club and was also Hi-Tec founder in the 1980's but Hi-Tec changed hands on the 7th December 2016 when he resigned as Chairman and Director of all the Hi-Tec companies, it is now owned by Rajesh and Rajiv Batra.

Another Dutchman Patrick Carl Van Der Waag aged 56 is the Southend United Football clubs Company Secretary and Head of Finance.

David Michael Markscheffel aged 79 is a Southend United Director at the club, was also a director of Universal Cycles but left that company 24th December 2007 when Mike Ashley (Sports Direct) acquired 80 percent of the company while 20 percent of the company remained in the hands of brother and sister Gavin and Sarah Markscheffel.

Gary James Lockett aged 57 is a Southend United Non Executive Director at the club, a company director at a number of other companies in Insurance and property most notably Managing Director at Insure & Go Insurance Services until March 2011.

Two others Wart De Heck and Faf De Bout are Ron's accountants.

When one person owns everything and the vast majority of any shares, the board is actually a waste of time..RM does as he wants...Simple.

A board of directors looks good on paper though. :Whistling:

Oh and Van the man is in his 80's and Markscheffel isn't far behind him.

Last edited:
Thing that always surprises me is when you look at the directors box ...our side half empty with a lone man sitting at the back ...opposition side full to the rafters. Mind you Ron has managed to entice and then discard people like Tara and who was that fella who owned Icon films that lasted about 2 years?.
Seems like the players aren't the only ones who disappear!

The opposition only have the first 2 rows. Most of the people behind are season ticket holders or on the meal package.

El presidente likes his space and Geoffrey King won't allow anyone in his row (occasionally players).....As I found out when he had me removed during half time a few years ago.

El Presidente and El Presidente Junior these days. :Whistling:

Oh and Mrs El Presidente some times.

Back