• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Debt Collectors

Ricey

I’m a Mod, that’s unpossible⭐⭐
Staff member
When I got back from the Falklands I received a letter from a company called Buchanan Clark and Wells (Debt Collectors) on behalf of Scottish Power saying I owed money for a property I lived in when I wasn't living there. I spoke to them and then spoke with the relevant party to email them saying I was not in that property at the time. Now they are still hounding me and ive had to once again contact people my end to sort it. My concern is that can they actually put a default against my name, which they keep threatening?

I'm sure if you can prove it then there's little they can do. Isn't Bucket & Spade in this business? Sure he could advise.

When I got back from the Falklands I received a letter from a company called Buchanan Clark and Wells (Debt Collectors) on behalf of Scottish Power saying I owed money for a property I lived in when I wasn't living there. I spoke to them and then spoke with the relevant party to email them saying I was not in that property at the time. Now they are still hounding me and ive had to once again contact people my end to sort it. My concern is that can they actually put a default against my name, which they keep threatening?

Yep, it happened to me, a right pain in the backside. I wish i'd kept on top of it rather than just thinking "I know i'm right so they can't do anything".

Yep, it happened to me, a right pain in the backside. I wish i'd kept on top of it rather than just thinking "I know i'm right so they can't do anything".

I've kept on top of it they just seem to be dragging it out like I'm going to pay them. Hopefully it should be sorted by the end of today just worry about if any of this will impact on my credit rating, if it does is there anyway to reverse it?

I've kept on top of it they just seem to be dragging it out like I'm going to pay them. Hopefully it should be sorted by the end of today just worry about if any of this will impact on my credit rating, if it does is there anyway to reverse it?

It should only affect your credit rating if they get a judgement against you. That can only be done via the county court.

It should only affect your credit rating if they get a judgement against you. That can only be done via the county court.

So they can't just put it on without me knowing? What would be the next step after the notice of impending further action?

So they can't just put it on without me knowing? What would be the next step after the notice of by impending further action?

They'd have to take court action against you and you would be summoned by the court to attend a hearing and you can file a defence.

They'd have to take court action against you and you would be summoned by the court to attend a hearing and you can file a defence.

Thanks for that. When I spoke to them the first time round they made it seem like if I didn't pay in 7 days they would put a default on my name straight away.

Thanks for that. When I spoke to them the first time round they made it seem like if I didn't pay in 7 days they would put a default on my name straight away.

Don't speak to them on the phone. Do everything in writing.

Ok, I shall PM you now with a few questions if thats ok? for the record a default can be placed on your credit file which could effect it for 6 years. You must have entered a default before you can apply to the courts

I got fed up of calling them and trying to sort it so ignored it as I knew I had done no wrong, was a mistake

I got fed up of calling them and trying to sort it so ignored it as I knew I had done no wrong, was a mistake

If you speak to them, follow it up with an e-mail confirming the conversation you had and in particular anything that they agreed to do.

If you speak to them, follow it up with an e-mail confirming the conversation you had and in particular anything that they agreed to do.

I know but I just think it's wrong that I should have to make the effort for their mistake. Luckily it hasn't affected me the way it could have had I been applying for mortgages and finance etc

I know but I just think it's wrong that I should have to make the effort for their mistake. Luckily it hasn't affected me the way it could have had I been applying for mortgages and finance etc

That's my worry I want to get a mortgage this year and don't want it to **** up my chances.

Back