• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I will probably pop along to Scunny again this year ......... I keep thinking we will win there one year ........ and why not this season? Surprised at how well Scunny are doing again this season and I can't wonder at how the players and manager are not being targeted by other clubs.

I see Thompson is on the bench at Bradford where (I think) he is on loan. I wonder if Bury might call him back at some time now that the manager has changed.

Nope not surprised by Scunny at all a very good young manager in Graham Alexander who must have played nearly 1,000 games in his career. They were unlucky not to get to the play off final last season and have kept quite a few players with the addition of some decent players this season. They are also well backed by a wealthy owner, which helps considering their low crowds. It is a relatively small town though.

Mind you it looks like Scunny about to lose 2nd cup game on the trot as they are now 2 nil down to a strong Leicester U21 side. No doubt some of their fans will be calling for the manager to quit!

Last edited:
Just gone online to get a Charlton ticket and there's not many left.

Hardly any in the South Upper or West Bank and the East Bank is completely sold out.

Just in case anyone was undecided about going.

Hardly any in the South Upper or West Bank and the East Bank is completely sold out.

1437 available according to Chris's screen scraper, although 803 of those are in the ever unpopular South Lower:

http://southend.cstevens.me/HCHA17

Yep, I assumed no-one would pay to sit there.

Also, a percentage of the rest are 'restricted view'

West Bank, East Bank ? You make it sound like Palestine. They're stands !! :winking:

You see, we'll have to disagree on that.

I'll let 'South Stand Hank' know, though! :winking:

Just going through our remaining fixtures and noticed that our final game of the season kicks off at 5:30pm.

How odd!

Just going through our remaining fixtures and noticed that our final game of the season kicks off at 5:30pm.

How odd!

That's for the benefit of the fans who go to the games. Apparently 3:00 p.m. kick offs are so "last year" darling ..............

Since Oldham so far:

Southend - "nil points"

Two more nil points from Charlton and Shrewsbury and the three away games in January start to look scary - Wimbledon, Northampton and Rochdale - 3 out of the bottom four.

Since Oldham so far:

Southend - "nil points"

Two more nil points from Charlton and Shrewsbury and the three away games in January start to look scary - Wimbledon, Northampton and Rochdale - 3 out of the bottom four.

And as it stands we are only 6 points above 2nd from bottom. We need to pick up some points from the home games.

Back