• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Decent Hotels near Euston Station

Has anybody got any decent recommendations for hotels in & around the Euston Station area in London?

The Mrs is coming down in a few months for a trip with her mate and has been asked to book the accommodation. They will be getting the train into London arriving at Euston and her mate is a bit of a nervous traveller and wants to be as close to Euston as possible.

Thanks in advance!

I've stayed at the Euston Square Hotel, it's cheap by London standards, but IIRC it isn't great. I'm pretty sure there's a Premier TRavel Lodge nearby on Euston Road, and thry're much of a muchness.

Loads of hotels by Euston mate. Some in the backstreets you can rent by the hour :stunned:

When I used to work as a Tour Operator up in the city we used to send loads of Guests to the Euston Plaza hotel. If I remember rightly about 5 mins walk from the station, a decent 4 star (although I haven't been in it for years) and if you shop around I would expect you could pick up some fairly good rates.

I've stayed at the Euston Square Hotel, it's cheap by London standards, but IIRC it isn't great. I'm pretty sure there's a Premier TRavel Lodge nearby on Euston Road, and thry're much of a muchness.

There certainly is and not too bad as it goes, clean rooms, decent food and pretty good bar as well.

I've stayed in the Plaza on Southampton Row, which is no more than 5 minutes walk from Euston but it is a bit pricey. There are plenty of other hotels on Southampton Row/Bloomsbury/Russell Square area. The nearest budget or chain hotel would be the Holiday Inn in King's Cross Road which is a short taxi drive away.

Cheers for all the comments so far.

Had to laugh last night, I caught a brief glimpse of the internet search for hotels she was doing and the Park Inn Southend popped up to which she said "I'm no way paying more to stay THERE, than for Central London" - cheeky mare!!!

I have stayed at the Thistle behind the station and it wasn't to bad or to expensive and the free breakfast was very special, worth it just for the breakfast.

Back