• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Decent Indian near the ground, open Saturday lunchtimes?

Shrimpergonzo

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver⭐
Staff member
Hi Chaps

I am due to meet a couple of Plymouth supporting mates next Saturday and we agreed to go out for a curry after the game. However due to some complicated travelling arrangements that's now not possible and so I'm wondering about a pre-match curry instead.

Are there any decent curry houses near the ground that are open on a Saturday lunchtime? I seem to recall a few near the Palace Theatre, however as I don't live in Southend anymore I may be wrong.

If we can't find a reputable Indian, then it's all off to the Fish House instead!

I would suggest The Gulshan in Sutton Road, although I'm not sure if they will be open at Lunchtime.

Cannot beat The Gulshan. Best curry in Southend bar none. Although as already mentioned, it may not be open that early.

Shagoor is a good second choice if that is the case.

Cheers chaps - have been to the Gulshan before and had a most excellent curry there - sadly though it seems to be shut on Saturday lunchtimes. Will go for the Shagoor instead unless anyone's got a better suggestion.

I imagine you're thinking of the Khyber(next door to the Palace).It's excellent though I've no idea whether it's open at lunchtime on a Sat.I would certainly recommend the Shagor, though I've only ever eaten there in the evening.

I wouldn't recommend the Khyber, last time I was there I copped for a nasty bout of Ghandi's revenge,I was ******** through an eye of a needle from 30 paces for 2 days. :sad:

Back