• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Decision Delayed

Well I'm surprised. Well done Ron.

One word of caution though. HMRC know there is no advantage in winding up the club, there are no assets to recover. Would a letter from a respected local solicitor offering to settle all outstanding debts make the Revenue reconsider their position? I think so. It may be this letter actually gave us more time.

The money may well have been loaned out by a supporter, who knows?

I know someone who is a season ticket holder who could have done that sort of dough who hasn't been mentioned in the consortium team.

Unfortunately i don't know him well enough to ask the question!

Only Ron would be able to squeeze another delay in the taxman getting his money, unbelievable!

How can a take-over be completed by Friday? A few people on here were saying it would take 6-8 weeks?

I'm struggling to understand how it can take 6-8 weeks for people to switch positions and paper-work etc to be done. Overall, this sounds like good news and it's news that is welcome. Roll on Friday/Monday.

Anyone noticed that the "full statement to follow" line has been removed from the earlier statement now...

CLUB STATEMENT
Posted on: Wed 04 Nov 2009

Southend United have this morning appeared in the High Court in London regarding an administration order from HMRC.

Agreement has been reached to pay the outstanding debt by Friday. Matters have been adjourned by the court until Monday pending the debt being settled.

Thats all it reads now

Maybe waiting for Friday to come out with a big statement along the lines '' I told you it would be alright!!''

Anyone noticed that the "full statement to follow" line has been removed from the earlier statement now...

So it has, and the Trust have said that they are going to speak to the consortium, something is afoot methinks. UTB.

Whats the chances Ron's walk in first thing this morning and slam down the money in readies.
Has Ron told the truth or just another blag?
When will we know?
Monday at the hearing?
Aaaahhh with baited breath we hold. God this could be a long weekend.

Last edited:
I would of thought Ron would release a statement today, saying we've paid. The perfect pick me up for the game tomorrow.

Back