• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Decision Delayed

Agree with the never boring, but 20 million in the bank and a few 4 -0's up at halftime might lower the blood pressure a bit...

One thing is certain--supporting SUFC is never BORING! We wouldn't want it any other way, would we??.......

When all those years ago, My Old Man said "be a West Ham fan", I could never have guessed what the life changing impact of my 6 word response would be.

maybe Ron sold his house? After all, he did say he had to do something in a week which normally takes 7-8 weeks

maybe Ron sold his house? After all, he did say he had to do something in a week which normally takes 7-8 weeks

A takeover more likely.

For all we know, he could of been in discussions with a consortium or an indivudual for months...

When all those years ago, My Old Man said "be a West Ham fan", I could never have guessed what the life changing impact of my 6 word response would be.

you should have listened to him

then you'd support a well run club with no financial problems...oh

If we have paid it on Friday, the terms of the FL rules are forfilled and are therefore lifted, so I would say yes.....unless Mawhinney thinks up something else....

To me this sounds like Ron has either pulled off a miracle, or the consortium have had an offer accepted throughout the night, rang them this morning to say if they don't put us in admin they can have ALL their money Friday, hence giving them enough time to come out and tell all of us they have taken over, to finalise any details to take over and lastly to get the money together.

I personally can't see Ron getting 2.1 mil together in a week when he has struggled to get the 660k together in 3 years!

Thats all dependant on the planning hearing though isn't it? Which is due later this month/early Dec?

That's what I thought but maybe they are satisfied that the final planning permission is a virtual certainty to go ahead and are buying now, perhaps at a reduced rate.

Having said that, I'm not sure what benefit they'd get out of that (other than the reduced purchase price) so I could well be wrong.

Thats all dependant on the planning hearing though isn't it? Which is due later this month/early Dec?

Which is probably what Ron Martin has been discussing with them.

Its also been noted that the money was coming from a number of sources, so Sainsburys money probably only part of it.

Its far more likely that we have got money that we expected to get, than it is to think we have this miraculous take over about to be anounce.

I wouldnt raise any hopes that we are about to be saved by any consortium...

The on going money saga of SUFC - Rubens, Jobson, Martin see any links?.

Back