• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Decision Delayed

no not at all. he got into this mess. he chose not to say anything and denying any debt for months on end.

if we manage to pay the bill, he should still move on. fed up of his lies.

What has he lied about? Broken promises; now I'll give you that.

no not at all. he got into this mess. he chose not to say anything
so what?! it's horrible as a fan, but he repeatedly said that revealing his hand could jeopardise what he was trying to do. Assuming he pays off the debt, it make good business sense to go right to the wire. If he has got the money out of Saino's, then that means we can press on with the new ground.

and denying any debt for months on end.
our debts are plain to see in all our accounts, however bigging it up just make people panic and it alerts other creditors, who then demand us to pay up... escalating problems.

if we manage to pay the bill, he should still move on. fed up of his lies.
and who would want to take over? would they be better than Ron? what about the new ground? seeing as Ron owns RH, then what would happen if he decided to leave, or started charging rent? People have short memories about what it was like before Ron arrived.

Perhaps Ron had the money in the bank all along and choose not to pay until he had too. Lots of companys play with fire, but thats ok so long as you have the money.

Think of the interest he has earnt on £2 million quid in 3 years, enough to buy a new centre back maybe!!

Who knows, we WILL never really know what goes on behind the chairmans closed door....

Er I dont think so, he said it would be paid!

mmmmm ok so he didn't deny it for months on end. how blind are you.

so what about the promises to give tilly funds to buy players during the summer? can't believe some people are so fickle, we havn't signed anyone except jeff in god knows how long. this tax bill hasn't suddenly appeared, its been there months and months before the season started.

did he choose to tell us no we find out all info from the echo. look at the statements put out by the club recently. wheres the information. pathetic statements.

so what about the promises to give tilly funds to buy players during the summer? can't believe some people are so fickle, we havn't signed anyone except jeff in god knows how long. this tax bill hasn't suddenly appeared, its been there months and months before the season started.

did he choose to tell us no we find out all info from the echo. look at the statements put out by the club recently. wheres the information. pathetic statements.

Are you upset about his PR or the fact that he hasn't been splashing the cash that we haven't got?

Look this is probably completely stupid but it's what comes of having a physical job downstairs which allows the brain (what cells remain) to reflect. SO............we have heard about the Consortium's offer for little over 24 hours, when they have made it public. Seems to me strange that they have been aware of our financial problems for a while and have only moved at the very last moment.What if they had communicated their offer to Ron and the board weeks or months ago and have been in negociations for a while? As I say, probably rubbish..........but it would explain one or two things.

Look this is probably completely stupid but it's what comes of having a physical job downstairs which allows the brain (what cells remain) to reflect. SO............we have heard about the Consortium's offer for little over 24 hours, when they have made it public. Seems to me strange that they have been aware of our financial problems for a while and have only moved at the very last moment.What if they had communicated their offer to Ron and the board weeks or months ago and have been in negociations for a while? As I say, probably rubbish..........but it would explain one or two things.

No I dont follow that logic.

Why would the board announce last night they rejected it.

Ron Martin had a plan to pay the 700k off Im sure, and he thought he could get a further delay to pay with the sainsbury's money. HRMC then played hard ball and forced him to find the rest of the money and he has obviously secured that somehow.

I dont see that the consortium have been at all involved.

Ron Martin had a plan to pay the 700k off Im sure, and he thought he could get a further delay to pay with the sainsbury's money. HRMC then played hard ball and forced him to find the rest of the money and he has obviously secured that somehow.

did ron not categorically say in another statement that the sainsburys money would not be involved in clearing this debt?!

He has posted 3 stories on the website since July, he did tell us about it. He however played it down as he obviously thought he had it under control. With hindsight he was wrong to.

He said all along it would be paid and only HRMC asking for the money earlier than he planned (which is their right) has caused the crisis.

At the end of the day he has sorted it and its how the club reassure us now thats the issue as a lot of people are now firmly against Ron Martin, and thats understandable.

did ron not categorically say in another statement that the sainsburys money would not be involved in clearing this debt?!

He also categorically stated that the money would be paid before the October 28th hearing. Under the circumstances I'd forgive him for using the Sainsbury's money to pay off the debt as it may be the lesser of two evils but we need a new cash injection from somewhere.

I fear that you're probably right, and in that case Mr Martin has probably just postponed our drift into administration to a later date. If he's borrowed the money, it won't be on favourable terms, and I very much doubt that the time to repay would give us much breathing room.

Back