• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Decisions ahead of this summer

Yorkshire Blue

Super Moderator⭐
Staff member
Whilst our future is up in the air, our management team will need to be proceeding on the basis that there will still be a club.

We’ve actually one of the more settled squads we’ve had for a while and a large number of those are still under contract.

As it stands we’d have the following XI for next season

……………..Collin
……..Lomas Łopata Kensdale*
GSM Taylor Miley Husin Clifford
……….Cardwell Powell

Subs Fonguck, Mooney, Wood, Coker

*Kensdale’s length of contract wasn’t announced but even if he’s out of contract we’d be entitled to compensation as he’s under 24

Additionally we have options on the following: Tommy Davis, Jon Benton, Chris Wreh, Rhys Murphy

The following are out of contract:
Arnold
Demi
Ralph
Hobson
Bridge

Loans to expire: Blondy, Hyde

Of the third year scholars Luke Reeve seems to have joined Hullbridge but Jaden Crowhurst and Louie Arrowsmith could be offered pro deals (Henry Sandat is the year below and will probably be offered a third year scholarship).

Who would you seek to retain and where would you seek to strengthen?

I'm really not wanting to see that Bridge is under a contract come the end of the season. You'd imagine he's going to have a lot of teams sniffing around him. I honestly believe that with him in our side we could finished 6th or 7th, without him we're probably 13th/14th. Huge season for him.

Whilst our future is up in the air, our management team will need to be proceeding on the basis that there will still be a club.

We’ve actually one of the more settled squads we’ve had for a while and a large number of those are still under contract.

……………..Collin
……….Cardwell Powell

*Kensdale’s length of contract wasn’t announced but even if he’s out of contract we’d be entitled to compensation as he’s under 24

Additionally we have options on the following: Tommy Davis, Jon Benton, Chris Wreh, Rhys Murphy

Arnold
Demi
Ralph
Hobson
Bridge

Of the third year scholars Luke Reeve seems to have joined Hullbridge but Jaden Crowhurst and Louie Arrowsmith could be offered pro deals (Henry Sandat is the year below and will probably be offered a third year scholarship).

Chris Wreh and Rhys Murphy are also out of contract in the summer aren't they? (according to Transfermarkt)

……………..Collin
……….Cardwell Powell

Arnold
Demi
Ralph
Hobson
Bridge

I’d be straining every sinew to retain Arnie, Bridge and Hobbo.

Demi I’d like the club to try to keep on the coaching staff (primarily) but still maintaining his registration as a player for emergencies.

Ralphy is a conundrum. He’s clearly got some skills and attributes that could grace a higher level, however he’s too hit and miss for me (particularly given that he might be one of the higher earners). I’d rather have a slightly less talented but more consistent and impactful player in the squad.

Demi I’d like the club to try to keep on the coaching staff (primarily) but still maintaining his registration as a player for emergencies.
Just thinking about this a bit further, is it possible to send a coach out on loan? For example we might agree a six month loan as player / coach with, say, Concord Rangers for Demi where he’d primarily be coaching (if they wanted that of course). That might reduce our wage bill a bit short term and get Demi some experience.

This might be crackers though, or against some rule or other, or just not in one or other clubs interests. I just wondered if anyone had ever heard of something like this?

Retain Hobson and Bridge for sure.

Really love Steeeeeeeeeve but I'm undecided as I think Collin is more than competent enough as an understudy to the keeper we were interested in pre-embargo. No idea if that deal would re-materialise if we sort our **** out. If not, 1 year extension for Super Steve Arnold will more than do.

Collin is a confident young lad who backs himself, we'd do well to nurture that as it's the foundation of making a young star.

I would not be keeping Ralph. Blows hot and cold not just between games but even during games. Will pull off some amazing defending then proceed to tee up the opposition with a golden chance or lose the ball in dangerous territory, these are not isolated incidents either, it appears to happen at least a couple times a game. Hardly been a member of winning sides during his career either. As @Spaceman Spiff says, we would be better off with a less able, but more consistent and brave player in his place.

Last edited:
Good to see a postive thread, that is looking forward.

We will obviously need a GK, one that is capable of playing a whole season. Do we sign a new one to be in starting 11 or put faith in Colin?

Back