• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

CC51DAS

President
A friend of mine who works in the Amenities department at SBC has tipped me the wink that the Council are close to finalising a deal with uncle Ron to use the fourth side of the stadium as a store for the seafront deck chairs during the winter months.

Apparently the bank of earth that will form the 'fourth stand' and which is already affectionately known as 'Martin's Mound' is to be tiered to accommodate temporary seating.

The Council hope to achieve significant savings to their budget by slashing storage costs and will make a nominal charge to fans renting the seats on matchdays. They further hope to boost income by running a franchise to sell cream teas.

Personally, I can't say I'd fancy sitting in one of these on a cold January afternoon.

If we need extra seating we could always get some on the cheap from the Weston Homes Community Stadium as they are still in virtually unused condition :)

I read that they were looking to make the mound high enough to be an artificial ski slope as part of the Winter Olympics legacy.

The mound will be built in such a way which enables Ron to park his Bentley at the summit so he can watch the game in comfort and splendour .

Bugger, an April Fool's joke! That's spoilt my plans. I was all for getting my white knotted hanky on my bald head for season 2015/2016, when of course the stadium (and the mound, complete with deckchairs) will be ready for occupation!!!

I have been hoodwinked !

Somebody told me instead of donkey rides on the beach Ron will offer for a large fee Bentley rides to the top!

Is it not true? In 1500 years they will do a dig in the ancient mound for remains of a once great late Saxon Kingdom that worshipped on the site at the birth place of the cult of the Ronettes. There will be buried treasure of Fred's boot that scored "that" goal and Coker's head band, AND the fabled mask of Rodney.

this would have been a better April fool if you simply said "work to begin on new stadium this year"

Happy April Fools Day

sorry - which part was April Fools?

"the Council are close to finalising a deal with uncle Ron"
"the fourth side of the stadium"
"The Council hope to achieve significant savings to their budget"
"will make a nominal charge to fans"

All seem pretty believable to me :dim:

Oh it the deckchairs!! :facepalm:

I was believing all that until there was the mention of the new stadium. I shall now be going to bed quite upset

Back