• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

steveo

mine to stay the same please
Had a load of work done including some plastering but some walls were ok so I painted them with emulsion. Wasn't happy with the finish on one wall s sanded it off. when I repainted it a load of tiny bubbles appeared in the paint, anything from 1mm to 3mm diam.

Sanded it off and decided to wash it down to eliminate any dust. Washed it with clean water and a sponge and the bubbles re-appeared.
Sanded it and filled the holes made by removing the bubble and washed it with sugar soap. Bubbles appeared straight away.

I really don't want to get it re plastered but am running out of ideas. Anyone got any solutions?

Did you seal the plaster before painting it ?

We used some solvent or other in water before painting ours.

Did you seal the plaster before painting it ?

We used some solvent or other in water before painting ours.

It wasn't new plaster. Was painting over previously painted stuff. Funny thing is the paint took ok first coat. I am now wondering if anything could have come off the sandpaper

What I can see on the web is that the original paint job wasn't sealed properly and rather than soak into the plaster it's just sitting on top of it.

What I can see on the web is that the original paint job wasn't sealed properly and rather than soak into the plaster it's just sitting on top of it.

That's the odd thing though MK, its no new plaster. The second coat is bubbling. The first coat was ok and that was on top of paint that had been there for years.

Light a match and let the insurance company sort it out.

Make sure any Picassos and Faberge eggs you own are in the house as well.

You need to find the W*** H** fan who is blowing them and deal with him accordingly.

Sorted. Painted the wall with an oil based primer then emulsioned it.

Thanks chaps

Back