• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

mrsblue

Banned
Phil chased and waited for Deegs to sign his deal,2 years I think ?

134 minutes and unused sub for the past few games.

Cannot for the life of me understand signing any player who will hardly figure in the first team,I think Deeg is a combative player more suited to the mad football played in league 2 or the conference .

Daft signing.

Yes.. but not exactly the issue of the day is it?

Deegan will feature far more often away from home than at home, much like Will Atkinson I'd suggest. He's a different sort of players to others in the squad and helps to give us options in the midfield. If he's within budget, which he obviously is, what is the issue with this exactly?

Your opinion is obviously different to PB's on this one.. not really sure there's much more to say.

What on earth are we moaning about a player who wasnt even in the team for.

Deegan bring something to the table that others dont, he wont be used all the time and was only ever brought in as a squad player.

What on earth are we moaning about a player who wasnt even in the team for.

Deegan bring something to the table that others dont, he wont be used all the time and was only ever brought in as a squad player.

Phil cannot think so otherwise Deeg would not be sitting on the bench !

Phil cannot think so otherwise Deeg would not be sitting on the bench !

profile_picture_by_u_wot_m8-d534u82.jpg

Thats how a squad works or we would only have 11 players.

We never went on Saturday,some on here have said Deegan would have been useful against the Shrews,my point is,Phil has him on the bench but never used him,plus Deeg hasnt played one single minute in the last 5 games,when he is called upon then Deeg will not be match fit !

We never went on Saturday,some on here have said Deegan would have been useful against the Shrews,my point is,Phil has him on the bench but never used him,plus Deeg hasnt played one single minute in the last 5 games,when he is called upon then Deeg will not be match fit !

Deegan wasnt the answer Saturday. Our problem wasnt that we were getting outplayed or unable to win the ball but that we couldnt use the ball when we got it. The midfield was too packed for us to deal with in the set up we had.

Brown made the substitutions to deal with it, which was putting Payne and Mclaughlin on.

Deegan would have been the completely wrong option.

Because we lost.

No loan striker to hang out to dry I guess.

What an incredible thread.................................

A man who never went to the game, having opinions on a man who never played in the game. That's a debate anyone can join in surely?

I actually thought the Shrewsbury game was perfect for bringing Deegan on, the way it panned out. We needed an extra man in midfield, a ball winner with a bit of controlled aggression. We were being outplayed, overrun and out muscled in midfield. The lightweight Payne wasn't the answer, and McClaughlin was a wasted substitute out wide, where he was blocked off and had to keep passing back. Deegan also encourages those around him, he might have woke them up.

Watching him pre-match, and at half-time, Deegan would be bloody brilliant at the "Crossbar Challenge"...:smile:. On a serious note, Deegan is one of a number of players who should be thinking they will get their chance soon if there are any more performances like Saturday

I actually thought the Shrewsbury game was perfect for bringing Deegan on, the way it panned out. We needed an extra man in midfield, a ball winner with a bit of controlled aggression. We were being outplayed, overrun and out muscled in midfield. The lightweight Payne wasn't the answer, and McClaughlin was a wasted substitute out wide, where he was blocked off and had to keep passing back. Deegan also encourages those around him, he might have woke them up.

I dont think we were particularly. They were certainly better than us first half but it was more of a case of us not getting into the game, second half their chances came from us pushing forward.

Deegan might have been an option earlier in the game but 1-0 down I personally thought Payne the better option as we needed a goal, not that it helped a lot.

That said he would have allowed Wordsworth a bit more license to get forward, but can you imagine the crowds response if he brought a defensive player on?

Must admit listening to the game on the radio I was thinking Deegan would come on second half, sounded like we needed someone to really break them up & get in their faces and take back control of the midfield. But PB obviously thought differently.

I dont think we were particularly. They were certainly better than us first half but it was more of a case of us not getting into the game, second half their chances came from us pushing forward.

Deegan might have been an option earlier in the game but 1-0 down I personally thought Payne the better option as we needed a goal, not that it helped a lot.

That said he would have allowed Wordsworth a bit more license to get forward, but can you imagine the crowds response if he brought a defensive player on?

If that wasn't being out played then I don't know what is. At one nil down Shrewsbury were knocking it around the midfield for fun. I obviously saw a very different game to you.

Back