• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I am delighted with this news. Demetriou has had an outstanding season and with his fitness levels and I can't really see that in 3 and a half years time he will be any less effective. He in my opinion he came in for unfair criticism last year. He and Coker give us plenty of attacking options and that is clearly what Brown wants.

However, he is capable of playing further forward as he showed at Scunthorpe and aside from Kightly balanced the midfield better than anyone else. No reason why it should prevent Elvis breaking into the team when he is ready.

Footballers don’t lose their ability to play the day after their 30th birthday?

He is a good player, has added a few goals to his game this season as well. Happy with this news myself.

Elvis will get plenty of action when Demi is away on international duty.

A good, solid, athletic pro that could easily be regarded as versatile. I foresee him being an asset to the team and a fans favourite. A good mentor for Elvis and has done more than some that have received renewed contracts. Glad he has signed.

I'm surprised by three and a half years like many, but Demi is a player who will still have a good engine on him by that time. His also quite considerable improved recently and could be a bit of a late development. Who knows...

It's not the worst news I've had today, that's for sure.

Happy Demi has signed, but I think the club has given itself problems the moment it have Robinson 3 year deal as that has become the benchmark for other players now. Having said that I think Demi will be a main sty of the team for the next 3 years easily

Shrimperzone moans when we lose some of our better players for free at the end of contracts and moans when one of our better players gets a longer contract...

Good news he will take over Lennys role when he moves on ,yes he can play a defensive midfield role if required,very versatile player just like Lenny.

I agree he can have a bigger role to play

some think he should be thrown from the end of the pier in a plastic bag with a large block attached to it........good luck to him.......when you reach 30 it doesn't mean its over for every player......

Definitely good news. 30 is not old these days with better diets and sports science. He is a very fit guy and will be up to the task for another 3 seasons. Maybe we can try him in the Lenny role or further up so Elvis gets his chance. We don't want Elvis moving on to get game time

Good news he will take over Lennys role when he moves on ,yes he can play a defensive midfield role if required,very versatile player just like Lenny.

No chance - doesn't have Lenny's natural ability of tracking back and tackling. I'm quite pleased that we've got at least one of our players out of contract at the end of this season sorted quite early - and I don't necessarily see this as the end for White. John's proved himself a very versatile player and one who is an asset to any squad. We saw against Charlton how much better the two of them actually worked together on the right, although I don't see that as a long term plan.

Back