• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Demi officially caretaker manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just heard a strong rumour that as well as White and Coulson that Hobson and Sayers are also injured and unlikely to be fit/risked on Saturday ... Good luck JD

I know things have been terrible, but the explosion of negativity about anything the club does these days is very tiring.

Who on earth did people expect to be taking charge at the weekend? Did people not want a clean slate and for everyone involved in first team matters to go? There you are then.

It's one game ffs.

Amen. Extremely tiresome.

The fact that he has been appointed caretaker indicates to me that he has a big voice in the changing room....
I don't think it indicates that at all. As far as I can tell he's the only person left at the club (aside from Duncan) that's a qualified football coach. I don't know exactly how insurance works in football but I'm guessing if someone gets injured in a training session not run by a qualified coach then the insurers won't be paying out, so JD has basically got it by default.

I was hoping he would be part of the clean out. Very limited ability, and a complete tool to boot. The fact that he has been appointed caretaker indicates to me that he has a big voice in the changing room.... Which, given the freefall of the club since he settled here, isn't necessarily a positive thing.

The likelihood of terminating any players contract, especially without a manager, is next to zero.

He maybe part of the clear out long term, but I’m not expecting anything like that to happen straight away.

Demi has the qualifications, and with a bit of luck, it’ll be for one/two matches. Essentially, this game is a free hit for him.

Just heard a strong rumour that as well as White and Coulson that Hobson and Sayers are also injured and unlikely to be fit/risked on Saturday ... Good luck JD
Blimey that would mean 5 out of 7 defenders injured if include Clifford, Shows though just how lightweight we are at the back and this has been known to the club for ages

We are so hopeless at responding to the bleedin obvious

Any chance of a few more midfielders biting the dust again ?

Low a 19 year old Welsh kid on Loan to Eastleigh as a central defender has been very impressive for them all season

The interesting thing is what do we do if we start winning and playing well under his stewardship? Make him permanent or bring the new guy in?

The likelihood of terminating any players contract, especially without a manager, is next to zero.

He maybe part of the clear out long term, but I’m not expecting anything like that to happen straight away.

Demi has the qualifications, and with a bit of luck, it’ll be for one/two matches. Essentially, this game is a free hit for him.
Thanks BW2.

Demi's football has been on the wane for a few seasons, we all get old BUT while he has been with us he has been steady in commitment, no major poor stories regarding him, nor with regard how he conducts himself.
Get behind OUR team, the seemingly relentless negativity is not helping.

Thanks BW2.

Demi's football has been on the wane for a few seasons, we all get old BUT while he has been with us he has been steady in commitment, no major poor stories regarding him, nor with regard how he conducts himself.
Get behind OUR team, the seemingly relentless negativity is not helping.

Personally, I’d have got shot of him in the Summer, but PB’s thinking was Howard would get game time, and ultimately replace JD by the end of the season. JD was helping out on the coaching of the 23s, so was always the logical choice to take over as caretaker, especially when RD got demoted.

JD certainly shouldn’t have got any minutes in the middle of midfield.

Personally, I’d have got shot of him in the Summer, but PB’s thinking was Howard would get game time, and ultimately replace JD by the end of the season. JD was helping out on the coaching of the 23s, so was always the logical choice to take over as caretaker, especially when RD got demoted.

JD certainly shouldn’t have got any minutes in the middle of midfield.
Agree.

Perpetual losers.

I first read this as he would lead the team out wearing “full kilt“- Had visions of him wearing a bearskin hat & sporran , blowing “Scotland the brave “ through a set of bag pipes in all his 5 foot 4 inch glory marching onto the pitch with the team behind him?

Well it worked for Sturrock!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back