• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Demi officially caretaker manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So why not the same level of hatred towards, say, John White? Why is JD a cancer and not White?
I really do think this could be a generational thing. I was fortunate enough to be there when SUFC beat Newcastle 4-0 to go top of league 2 (now championship) on New Year’s Day 1992 the season before the Premier League started in August of the same year! Like Stan I see the potential for this club as it has so much going for it. For the younger generation it’s just been downhill all the way and they like all of us just want the rot to stop but maybe can’t see that will ever happen.

The irony of the being the lowest we have ever been is that we will get the green light for the stadium! That’s just me glass half full by the way ?

I really do think this could be a generational thing. I was fortunate enough to be there when SUFC beat Newcastle 4-0 to go top of league 2 (now championship) on New Year’s Day 1992 the season before the Premier League started in August of the same year! Like Stan I see the potential for this club as it has so much going for it. For the younger generation it’s just been downhill all the way and they like all of us just want the rot to stop but maybe can’t see that will ever happen.
I suspect we’re of similar age, based on your post. I have a pretty good eye for a toxic personality. JD encapsulates that for me. Perhaps sticks up for his team mates, but you can bet your bottom dollar that he bosses that dressing room.

I suspect we’re of similar age, based on your post. I have a pretty good eye for a toxic personality. JD encapsulates that for me. Perhaps sticks up for his team mates, but you can bet your bottom dollar that he bosses that dressing room.
Maybe he has/does but he is part of our current setup. I personally would not have renewed his contract. But in the situation that we are in as I understand he is the only one with the correct grades to take the interim role. I think, and maybe wrong, that the choices were JD or RD as training has to be taken by staff that have certain qualifications. It will all be different in 7 days anyways ?

So potentially no Hobson, Coulson, White, Sayers for Saturday. Clifford injured and Mitchell-Nelson unavailable due to his loan. That leaves Ralph, Demetriou, Howard available. Assuming Demetriou picks himself, he may not.

Uh-oh

So potentially no Hobson, Coulson, White, Sayers for Saturday. Clifford injured and Mitchell-Nelson unavailable due to his loan. That leaves Ralph, Demetriou, Howard available. Assuming Demetriou picks himself, he may not.

Uh-oh
Has anyone ever offered cash for your username??

Nothing better than getting behind your team in a crisis. And this is nothing like getting behind your team in a crisis!

Saturday’s game is arguably the BIGGEST FA Cup game we’ve had for years in a competition we are historically cack at.

I don’t care if the local Akela could do a better job. He doesn’t have the necessary badges (though I’m sure he has plenty of others).

In JD we trust twice on Saturday. Once for the game and once for what we might need with Coke after the banana skin.

Last edited:
Nothing better than getting behind your team in a crisis. And this is nothing like getting behind your team in a crisis!

Saturday’s game is arguably the BIGGEST FA Cup game we’ve had for years in a competition we are historically cack at.

I don’t care if the local Akela could do a better job. He doesn’t have the necessary badges (though I’m sure he has plenty of others).

In JD we trust twice on Saturday. Once for the game and once for what we might need with Coke after the banana skin.
It’s Canadian Dry Ginger for me every time!!!

Apparently, Demetriou was Craig Fagan's first pick as Assistant Manager when Fagan was a contender before MM was appointed.

That’s true. RM then wanted Fagan to have more experience, but JD was still going to be involved in Fagan’s team if he was given the job.

You can see it now. Demi wins his next two games and we offer him the role full time

That will not happen, trust me.

He could be in charge for just Saturday, or possibly even longer, but even if he is in charge for the next two/three/four games and we will them all, he will NOT be getting the job on a full time basis.

Some serious over-reaction here as far as I can see, we needed someone who would come in for effectively one game. If we couldn't call on a local ex player with the necessary licences to do us a favour on this occasion, then someone from within is the logical choice.

Demi fits that role and is a former international captain as well, I can't imagine another player we have who could do it - and note that Anton Ferdinand has offered his services to assist (whether serious or not, who knows?!), but would be a welcome 2nd for him.

It's one game, and you have to wonder if Stan has been anywhere near the players to help with their confidence this week, anything could happen out there!

fans kept saying he should have not been given another contract and should not be playing .Well now you have your wish all be it for one game maybe two .If he shows his worth in the dug out maybe fill the coaching role sooner rather than later .

We’ll you would have just lost that bottom dollar.

PB ruled the dressing room, but wanted a senior collective to do some of the “dirty work” when he left the room. JD was part of that captains collective, but so was White, Coulson, Dunne, Agogo & Atkinson.

JD was/has been excellent with Elvis as he came through, working on positioning, and the inner works of the full back role, and in turn has been helping Howard. Doing what a senior pro should do.

An example of someone who didn’t do this with young players in his position was Cox. JD was willing to help and improve players, whereas Cox saw those players as competition, so wasn’t going to make his competition any better.

It’s strange that Cox has gone into coaching, but has an awful lot of knowledge to pass onto players, but was never prepared to do this whilst he was still playing. Might be completely different if these players aren’t seen as “competition” to him.

As I’ve said on many occasions, I’d have got shot of JD over the summer, based on the contributions on the pitch. He isn’t a central midfielder ever, and he is on the decline as a full back. However, I’d understood why PB kept him on as a senior right back, with the intention of “using him” to bring on Howard, and ultimately see Howard replace JD. Plus, JD has been doing the 23s as I said, so was almost a dual role.

Certainly not a cancer.

I read some posts out from this thread to Mrs RHB, (she asked what I was reading instead of listening to her). Her response? 'You know, we are turning into a nasty nation when you hear stuff like that' !
I totally agree Mrs RHB. Half the nation has turned into toxic nasty people. It’s proved on these threads here. We all mostly support SUFC on here, so come on people. Let’s start supporting our club and players in their hour of need!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back