• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Demi officially caretaker manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.
We’ll you would have just lost that bottom dollar.

PB ruled the dressing room, but wanted a senior collective to do some of the “dirty work” when he left the room. JD was part of that captains collective, but so was White, Coulson, Dunne, Agogo & Atkinson.

JD was/has been excellent with Elvis as he came through, working on positioning, and the inner works of the full back role, and in turn has been helping Howard. Doing what a senior pro should do.

An example of someone who didn’t do this with young players in his position was Cox. JD was willing to help and improve players, whereas Cox saw those players as competition, so wasn’t going to make his competition any better.

It’s strange that Cox has gone into coaching, but has an awful lot of knowledge to pass onto players, but was never prepared to do this whilst he was still playing. Might be completely different if these players aren’t seen as “competition” to him.

As I’ve said on many occasions, I’d have got shot of JD over the summer, based on the contributions on the pitch. He isn’t a central midfielder ever, and he is on the decline as a full back. However, I’d understood why PB kept him on as a senior right back, with the intention of “using him” to bring on Howard, and ultimately see Howard replace JD. Plus, JD has been doing the 23s as I said, so was almost a dual role.

Certainly not a cancer.
My son was a mascot back in the halcyon days of Sol Campbell and when he went to the dressing room to “meet the players” all bar one just scribbled their signatures in his book…JD came out afterwards, said hello to me and my son, asked if he had all the players he wanted, even took him down to the treatment room to meet the players having last minute work before the match. What I saw was a really nice guy and if that is his general way I think he is an excellent choice to lead the side tomorrow and for however long we need him to.

My son was a mascot back in the halcyon days of Sol Campbell and when he went to the dressing room to “meet the players” all bar one just scribbled their signatures in his book…JD came out afterwards, said hello to me and my son, asked if he had all the players he wanted, even took him down to the treatment room to meet the players having last minute work before the match. What I saw was a really nice guy and if that is his general way I think he is an excellent choice to lead the side tomorrow and for however long we need him to.
You hear whispers and hearsay about players all the time. There's a lot of stuff I've heard about some of our players in the last three years, some of it might be true and some not, but most of it has been bad.

The stuff I have heard about JD has all been good, particularly in regard of his support for the younger professionals that have come through.

Good Luck to Demi, he has aspirations to get into coaching/management after he stops playing and this is the perfect opportunity to give him an insight into it.

He has bags of experience at league level and international level and it’s 1 game! Don’t know why so many people are triggered by it.

Snowden watched him steadily, saying nothing. No artery was spurting, but Yossarian pretended to absorb himself entirely into the fashioning of a tourniquet, because applying a tourniquet was something he did know how to do. He worked with simulated skill and composure, feeling Snowden's lack-luster gaze resting upon him.

He recovered possession of himself before the tourniquet was finished and loosened it immediately to lessen the danger of gangrene. His mind was clear now, and he knew how to proceed. He rummaged through the first-aid kit for scissors.

'I'm cold,' Snowden said softly. 'I'm cold.'

'You're going to be all right, kid,' Yossarian reassured him with a grin.

'You're going to be all right.'

'I'm cold,' Snowden said again in a frail, childlike voice. 'I'm cold.'

'There, there,' Yossarian said, because he did not know what else to say.

'There, there.'

'I'm cold,' Snowden whimpered. 'I'm cold.'

'There, there. There, there.'

Snowden watched him steadily, saying nothing. No artery was spurting, but Yossarian pretended to absorb himself entirely into the fashioning of a tourniquet, because applying a tourniquet was something he did know how to do. He worked with simulated skill and composure, feeling Snowden's lack-luster gaze resting upon him.

He recovered possession of himself before the tourniquet was finished and loosened it immediately to lessen the danger of gangrene. His mind was clear now, and he knew how to proceed. He rummaged through the first-aid kit for scissors.

'There, there.'

Bit too highbrow for these parts I think

I'm not gonna lie, he lost me at "snowdon"

I only wanna hear about how **** Demi is, so take that other nonsense elsewhere.
Lost on me too!

But I’m a simple man so thats not hard.

His playing days are limited so why shouldn't he get our full support on Saturday? He might turn out to be on par with the top managers, even surpassing Tilson, who knows? Not you, me or 99% of Shrimperzone. Give him a chance and support him, he needs it and so does the club.
Amen. I know it's tough when you're swimming in s**t but finally some encouragement and support.

Good Luck to Demi, he has aspirations to get into coaching/management after he stops playing and this is the perfect opportunity to give him an insight into it.

He has bags of experience at league level and international level and it’s 1 game! Don’t know why so many people are triggered by it.
We're all just a group of triggered folk looking for the next thing to moan about. For me personally, I'm wishing him the best. We don't have a permanent replacement yet, so he has stepped up. Fair play to him! Always has times for the fans too. So cut the guy some slack.

Imagine if he does "do a Tilly" and puts back to back to back wins together and a new more exciting style etc!

Will give the 'committee' something to mull over for sure and take the wind out of the sails of the manager hunt a bit.

Some will have noticed last few games its the left flank we are struggling with defensively. As much as we may not see what he brings managers probably notice things like the fact we seem much stronger defensively down his flank. Chance? Well I guess if we don't see what he brings it has to be..

Very good pro who cares about the club. Yes that can come through as petulance when its not going right on the pitch. Would prefer that to someone who just shakes their head and hides..

Imagine if he does "do a Tilly" and puts back to back to back wins together and a new more exciting style etc!

Will give the 'committee' something to mull over for sure and take the wind out of the sails of the manager hunt a bit.
No- but depending who they bring in and what they have in the way of backroom staff it's an opportunity for JD to demonstrate he has something to offer in additional to on the pitch.

'There, there.'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back