• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Demi Signs Extension

A succession of managers who have failed miserably.
I sometimes wonder how 80+ % of us on here wanted PB back when he can be dismissed so easily as someone who "failed miserably".

It never ceases to amaze me how people develop such deep seated animosity to individuals that it transcends any objective rationale.

I sometimes wonder how 80+ % of us on here wanted PB back when he can be dismissed so easily as someone who "failed miserably".

It never ceases to amaze me how people develop such deep seated animosity to individuals that it transcends any objective rationale.
Yep fair enough. Should have been clearer. I meant bond sol and moley.

Im sure demi talks a very good game, and he certainly runs about a lot. But hes been part of a losing side too long for me and his constant bullshitting at the ref annoys me.

Yes, more effort than most of them put together.
Correct. And yes because he cared it showed on occasion as petulance, and resulted in silly bookings. But he was amongst a small group who were genuinely gutted and whose first thought wasn't contact the agent and get a move.

JW another. RH (who rather than hiding in the treatment room had an injection in a broken foot so he could get on the pitch) another. And BTW he might not have a contract sorted but he still turns up to training.

I think we need to decide whether we really do value players who "care". And if we do afford them with a little more respect.

Correct. And yes because he cared it showed on occasion as petulance, and resulted in silly bookings. But he was amongst a small group who were genuinely gutted and whose first thought wasn't contact the agent and get a move.

JW another. RH (who rather than hiding in the treatment room had an injection in a broken foot so he could get on the pitch) another. And BTW he might not have a contract sorted but he still turns up to training.

I think we need to decide whether we really do value players who "care". And if we do afford them with a little more respect.
Agree with all that. I thought Sam Hart was another who really cared, but that counts for little in the end I suppose......

JW and JD both care but are now both very slow...the spirit is very willing but the legs are giving out!
I would guess that JD is a cert for a red card or two this season as he loses it after some youngster exposes his lack of pace.

JW and JD both care but are now both very slow...the spirit is very willing but the legs are giving out!
I would guess that JD is a cert for a red card or two this season as he loses it after some youngster exposes his lack of pace.
See I don’t agree with this. I don’t agree their legs are giving out as much as people like to claim and the same was levelled at JD last summer. I don’t think JD was badly off the pace in L2 whatever people might say. Molesley and Brown clearly didn’t either (and PB clearly still rates him).

I think the pair of them will be more than capable in the NL. Hobson and Cordner also clearly benefited from JW’s experience and level head. I’m not sure JD is as effective in midfield vs RB but he’s versatile and willing to get stuck in which are big ticks for me. Maybe not an automatic start but a very useful squad player.

Oh dear. You see I don't like that approach. Squad player? What is that? What does it mean? A player who you are paying but you don't think is quite good enough?

Either you have players that are capable of being in your starting XI or ........... if they are not, then why bother?

My words may be a little harsh but I hope the general approach makes some sense.

I actually think for a centre back JW is actually quick enough because he isn't am aging hulk he's a right back converted

I actually think for a centre back JW is actually quick enough because he isn't am aging hulk he's a right back converted
He was very slow as a full-back and that’s when he was considerably younger.

Yes JW is no slouch. Yes wouldn’t be the quickest of full backs but would be in the quickest 25-30% of CBs at L2/NL level. He started as a CB went to RB for most of his career- but more of a natural CB than often appreciated.

He was very slow as a full-back and that’s when he was considerably younger.
Very slow a bit unfair perhaps but never the quickest. But a very good FB then and now. PB knows this and has been quick to knock the MF idea on the head. Round pegs round holes man is PB thankfully.

Very slow a bit unfair perhaps but never the quickest. But a very good FB then and now. PB knows this and has been quick to knock the MF idea on the head. Round pegs round holes man is PB thankfully.
You’ve misunderstood what I was commenting on ,mate—it’s White who has always been slow,not Demi who has always been pretty quick.

Demi was dog **** in midfield.

But was more than capable when switched to the right side of midfield or right back.

Provided he plays on the right he will do just fine.

Back