• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Demonstrations

sufcintheprem

This is a modified caption
Before anyone starts seriously planning a demonstration, please bear in mind:

1. If you arrange a demonstration with the best intentions, there's a strong chance it will turn in to a general demonstration at the running of the club
  2. If you demonstrate audibly against anything it will affect the players and there's no guarantee this will be positive
  3. Bear in mind that we have our easiest run of the season coming up with 4 of the next 5 at home. Is now the best time?
  4. If the demonstration is made, what can possibly change after? We can't get new players in, we're not going to change the manager and no-one's going to come in and invest in a club being summoned by HMRC every few weeks

Been some time since I've posted on here but I had a feeling it was worth a look after the Hartlepool game as I suspected this might happen. I realise a lot of people aren't happy and I'm hardly delighted myself but it's looking touch and go on survival right now and with nothing to gain, I fear a demonstration will only provide something to lose if it has any detrimental impact on the team.

I think for as long as there's a chance of staying up we should support, not demonstrate!

1. If you arrange a demonstration with the best intentions, there's a strong chance it will turn in to a general demonstration at the running of the club
  2. If you demonstrate audibly against anything it will affect the players and there's no guarantee this will be positive
  3. Bear in mind that we have our easiest run of the season coming up with 4 of the next 5 at home. Is now the best time?
  4. If the demonstration is made, what can possibly change after? We can't get new players in, we're not going to change the manager and no-one's going to come in and invest in a club being summoned by HMRC every few weeks

Been some time since I've posted on here but I had a feeling it was worth a look after the Hartlepool game as I suspected this might happen. I realise a lot of people aren't happy and I'm hardly delighted myself but it's looking touch and go on survival right now and with nothing to gain, I fear a demonstration will only provide something to lose if it has any detrimental impact on the team.
Good to see you back around Phil, and excellent post.

At this time I can't see how a demonstration would be anything but detrimental to our current situation.

If things carry on the way they are then I think demonstrations are inevitable.

No money, unpaid wages and the results of late means that there are a lot of disgruntled supporters about, myself included.

Anyone of the the factors above would be difficult to take but a culmination of all of them means that the club I love is going down the ****er and I want the people involved with running of Southend United to know how I feel.

I would like to see a couple of crusties doing circus skills at any demonstration that might be staged by Southend fans.

Demonstrations after the game on Saturday are fine or are they not? This way it does not effect the players, and even if we win, we still need to get our voices heard by RM to let him know that not all is rosy and a lot of people are very unhappy.

As others have said, demonstrate in the car park AFTER the game.
Especially if the media are tipped off about it, maybe the King of Spin will have to then react?
Things have been left unsaid for far too long and the general grumblings of discontent need to manifest themselves into true angry protests.

Got to go along with you here, i am less than pleased at the position Southend find themselfs in,and i have to say the architect of there general demise both playing wise and financial is the Chairman. Having said all off that we are not down yet, and while there is a chance of us staying up, better support the team, than having demostrations against the chairman. If and when we do go down Martin best keep his head below the ramparts.

I think we need to demonstrate NOW. I agree, leave this until after the game, but once that final whistle has been blown, a stand needs to be made.

Unfortunately, there are so many divided camps amongst the fans, that I cannot see any demonstration receiving the necessary level of united support to have an impact, but feel someone should tip the Echo off about this. We need to do something.

I think this Brushy news will be the final straw for many left in the RM camp.

But please. Save it for AFTER the game, in the car park.

its time to mobilise the troops we need to get him out before he destroys the whole club.

it will affect the players????? if we demonstrate they will play better, there the ones who haven't been paid. (until recently)

I think this Brushy news will be the final straw for many left in the RM camp.

But please. Save it for AFTER the game, in the car park.

spot on, east stand car park after the game, remember the jobson out protests well, we want martin out we want martin out, we want martin out, can someone print the words out for those who dont know the words

After the game's obviously better than before or during but this isn't going to go unnoticed by the players.

I still don't think it would genuinely achieve anything. Even if you wanted Martin out of the club you'd first need a buyer and one who could actually pick up the shortfall of revenue over costs which is something I doubt a fans consortium could achieve without some wealthy investors.

Given how much money he has tied up in the club, I'd be surprised if anyone wasn't more acutely aware of the problems the club has than Ron Martin.

I really feel we have to wait on the future of this season and then arrange action either on the last home game if it still seems necessary. In five games, we might have a pretty clear indication of how the season will go.

Oh, and hi Jon!

Back