• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Dennis McShane: "Being a Guardian reading liberal leftie made me ignore child abuse"

There’s no getting away from it: Rotherham exposes the liberal-left’s moral vacuum.

2 + 2 = 476

nonsense - these disgusting acts have been committed by individuals who managed to get away with it because of incompetence by social workers, Councillors, the police. The morality issue is nothing to do with politics it is to do with sick minded perpetrators. Throw the full force of the law at anyone involved and anyone aware. What were the politics of the Drs and nurses who let Saville get away with sex crimes for years? Labour Party should effectively say that the Councillors were party members and neglected their duties with horrific consequences - individuals **** at their jobs, that is not party policy.

There’s no getting away from it: Rotherham exposes the liberal-left’s moral vacuum.

2 + 2 = 476

nonsense - these disgusting acts have been committed by individuals who managed to get away with it because of incompetence by social workers, Councillors, the police. The morality issue is nothing to do with politics it is to do with sick minded perpetrators. Throw the full force of the law at anyone involved and anyone aware. What were the politics of the Drs and nurses who let Saville get away with sex crimes for years? Labour Party should effectively say that the Councillors were party members and neglected their duties with horrific consequences - individuals **** at their jobs, that is not party policy.

You seem to be arguing by bringing Saville into this, that two wrongs make a right.

I appreciate that this will not sit easy with any of Labour's supporters but at some point you are going to have to deal with the fact that due to ideology, actions that should have been taken were not, yes other agencies are responsible as well and they also need to be held accountable.

"Several staff described their nervousness about identifying the ethnic origins of perpetrators for fear of being thought racist; others remembered clear direction from their managers not to do so.”

Not Rotherham but Keighley, link below where interestingly the loathsome Nick Griffin was the moral compass;

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...-have-been-spared-ann-cryer#start-of-comments

From the Link;

In 2002, when she was Labour MP for Keighley, Cryer became the first public figure in Britain to talk out about allegations of "young Asian lads" grooming underage white girls in the West Yorkshire town. As a result, she was shunned by elements of her party, a panic button was installed in her house and Nick Griffin stood against her for the far-right British National party (BNP), claiming that she was not doing enough to protect young white girls.

Why would she be shunned by her own party for trying to expose this?

You seem to be arguing by bringing Saville into this, that two wrongs make a right.

I appreciate that this will not sit easy with any of Labour's supporters but at some point you are going to have to deal with the fact that due to ideology, actions that should have been taken were not, yes other agencies are responsible as well and they also need to be held accountable.

"Several staff described their nervousness about identifying the ethnic origins of perpetrators for fear of being thought racist; others remembered clear direction from their managers not to do so.”

Not Rotherham but Keighley, link below where interestingly the loathsome Nick Griffin was the moral compass;

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...-have-been-spared-ann-cryer#start-of-comments

From the Link;

In 2002, when she was Labour MP for Keighley, Cryer became the first public figure in Britain to talk out about allegations of "young Asian lads" grooming underage white girls in the West Yorkshire town. As a result, she was shunned by elements of her party, a panic button was installed in her house and Nick Griffin stood against her for the far-right British National party (BNP), claiming that she was not doing enough to protect young white girls.

Good link, no in fact it is a great link. Predictable response from slime Livingstone. Cryer has more balls than any man in the Labour party.

Good link, no in fact it is a great link. Predictable response from slime Livingstone. Cryer has more balls than any man in the Labour party.

Hang on a minute before we give her too much praise. this is Cryer quoted back in 2004 defending the decision to stop a documentary going out.

The documentary,Edge of the City, built on a Channel 4 news report which revealed how Asian men in Bradford were grooming and targeting white girls as young as 11 for sex and drug abuse.

Mrs Cryer admitted that there was a problem but said it was being successfully sorted out by the police and was not as severe as the BNP suggested. She said she did not know "Donna" whose words appear on the BNP election broadcast and had spoken to other mothers in the town who had no knowledge of her. She conceded that pulling the original Channel 4 documentary had handed the BNP an issue to capitalise on. But she maintained that Mr Cramphorn had been right to protect the people of her constituency from racial tension.

So according to Cryer the decision was correct, based on protecting her constituents....I wonder which ones she was talking about?

Last edited:
The embrace of multiculturalism is part of the long term project of moral relativism, practiced by all of the major parties in the UK, and the Democrats and the majority of Republicans in the US. We are asked to turn a blind eye to that which is clearly wrong, in support of a project that is designed to make us effectively junkies in thrall to the government pusher. How the so called intellectual left are blinded by this clumsy sleight of hand makes me question their appropriation of the cerebral moniker.

From the Link;

I have a left wing ideology and my ideology tells me that a Pakistani rapist is not a Pakistani rapist he is a rapist. Culture doesn't come into it, anyone who doesn't understand that is a ****ing idiot. Anyone who didn't act to the completion of their duties should be prosecuted. They can't hide behind an ideology because 1) the rights of a rape victim is bigger than the ideology 2) they clearly have no understanding of the ideology and have no right to have been in public service.

I don't care about the background of the rapists and I don't care about the background of anyone who knew it was happening - prosecute them all.

I have a left wing ideology and my ideology tells me that a Pakistani rapist is not a Pakistani rapist he is a rapist. Culture doesn't come into it, anyone who doesn't understand that is a ****ing idiot. Anyone who didn't act to the completion of their duties should be prosecuted. They can't hide behind an ideology because 1) the rights of a rape victim is bigger than the ideology 2) they clearly have no understanding of the ideology and have no right to have been in public service.

I don't care about the background of the rapists and I don't care about the background of anyone who knew it was happening - prosecute them all.

Wouldn't we be better off addressing the root causes of the problem, rather than just throwing some jail time around? Isn't that a concept favoured by the left? Well the root cause of these rapes is the cultural contempt that Muslims have for white women of European heritage, and the root cause of the cover-up is that multiculturalism has been elevated to a pseudo-religion and those that make heretical points against it are subject to persecution and prosecution. What's your solution to that? Just more empty rhetoric ('Hope, not hate')?

Wouldn't we be better off addressing the root causes of the problem, rather than just throwing some jail time around? Isn't that a concept favoured by the left? Well the root cause of these rapes is the cultural contempt that Muslims have for white women of European heritage, and the root cause of the cover-up is that multiculturalism has been elevated to a pseudo-religion and those that make heretical points against it are subject to persecution and prosecution. What's your solution to that? Just more empty rhetoric ('Hope, not hate')?

It's unfortunate for AAS that his own personal beliefs are now at odds with hope not hate;

All of the Hope not hate quotes below are easily found on their website.

According to AAS - my ideology tells me that a Pakistani rapist is not a Pakistani rapist he is a rapist. Culture doesn't come into it, anyone who doesn't understand that is a ****ing idiot

According to Hope not hate culture did come into it - let us not pretend that there is not a specific problem with some men within the British Pakistani/Kashmiri communities around on-street grooming by gangs. Rotherham is sadly just the latest in a long, and growing, list of British towns and cities which has experienced grooming by Pakistani/Kashmiri gangs.

According to AAS - They can't hide behind an ideology because 1) the rights of a rape victim is bigger than the ideology

According to Hope not hate they can and did (the following from hnh's founder) - Back in 2012 I wrote a piece entitled: Grooming – an issue we cannot ignore, which explored the problem and highlighted the background of a growing number of the perpetrators. Unsurprisingly, I came under attack from certain quarters but, if anything, I underestimated the scale of the problem.

“Unfortunately, too many people have remained silent for too long,” I wrote at the time. “Police and local authorities have been slow to protect these young girls. Leading figures in local Muslim communities have often been too slow in speaking out on this issue, and in some cases simply dismissed it as Far Right propaganda. They have been joined in this by some on the left, who have been too quick to silence any discussion.

The saddest thing for AAS who is clearly angry, is that currently there are no plans by HNH to get up to Rotherham and confront the right wing nazis who apparently are planning to turn up in their droves and have them (the far right) running for police protection (a stunning claim made on their website), their reasoning for not turning up is as follows;

In the autumn of 2012, an EDL demo against grooming attracted a coach load of people (mainly men) from the former pit village of Maltby. These people weren't fascists and most weren't racist; in fact many were decent union men who had stood loyally with their union during the year-long miners’ strike and, more recently, had even leafleted with us against the BNP.

What they were, however, was angry.

They were angry because some of their daughters had been sexually abused and they were angry because the Labour Party - for so long their party – had, at best, ignored the problem or, at worst, connived to keep it under wraps. The EDL, on the other hand, gave them an outlet for their anger.

But as they filed through Rotherham town centre that day they were genuinely horrified to be called racists and fascists by those protesting against the march and rather than dissuade them against joining up with the EDL this name-calling only pushed them closer into the pack.

So there are difficult times ahead for AAS, and his misguided beliefs does he stay with Hope not hate even though they don't particularly represent him and are according to him ****ing idiots.

Another background piece from Rotherham.

http://www.theguardian.com/society/2014/sep/03/rotherham-you-cant-blame-all-of-us

I see the far right (including the EDL) have moved in there to take advantage of the situation.

"Others are disturbed by the influx of far-right groups, which include the BNP, National Front and Britain First. “They’re vile,” a shopper sipping coffee insists. “My daughter-in-law works for the council, in the environment department, and they accosted her, calling her a ‘****ing social worker’.”

http://www.theguardian.com/society/2014/sep/03/rotherham-you-cant-blame-all-of-us

I see the far right (including the EDL) have moved in there to take advantage of the situation.

"Others are disturbed by the influx of far-right groups, which include the BNP, National Front and Britain First. “They’re vile,” a shopper sipping coffee insists. “My daughter-in-law works for the council, in the environment department, and they accosted her, calling her a ‘****ing social worker’.”

You may characterize them 'moving in' as 'taking advantage of the situation'. I would applaud them for protesting against this grotesque act of despicable savagery and the institutionalized tolerance of the intolerable. The Islamists are the ones who admire Hitler, maybe you should aim your ire towards them.

Response to the Rotherham Situation from a Labour MP

Some are poor men from rural Kashmiri communities, or second- or third-generation Kashmiris or Pakistanis who have developed or inherited an openly violent misogyny. I visited one abuser in prison – he’d attacked a female prostitute with a hammer and was clearly mentally ill. I asked the family about his wife, who’d come over from Kashmir two years before and spoke no English, only to be told that she knew he was in prison but wasn’t aware of the crimes he’d committed.

I’ve also had family members come to my surgery asking me to make representations on behalf of brothers who have been found guilty of child sex abuse. When I refuse, I frequently receive a tirade of abuse. “These girls are prostitutes,” one man shouted at me, and warned that I would pay a heavy price for not supporting him. He’d get thousands of people not to vote for me.

As a Labour politician, it can be difficult challenging some of these issues, but you can’t ignore child abuse and violent misogyny. Three years ago, former home secretary Jack Straw said some Pakistani men see white girls as “easy meat” for abuse. He was accused of perpetuating racist attitudes. Like all political parties, the Labour Party is a broad church. But I fear too many hold the view expressed by former Rotherham MP, Denis MacShane, last week. He avoided child abuse in his constituency, he told the BBC, because he was “a Guardian-reading liberal Leftie” and didn’t want to “rock the multicultural community boat”.

Last week I received a text message from a current Labour MP saying she was disappointed by my views on this issue. I was only elected in 2010 and already I’ve found that politicians are sometimes discouraged from exploring and investigating complex issues because they’re expected to stay tethered to a dominant ideology and not stray far from the stock replies to difficult questions. This does nothing to strengthen democracy. It weakens it, and creates cynicism. The public want to see matters like this discussed and they want politicians to come up with answers, not just endless hand-wringing.
Far too many people are sliding into an underclass as a result of violent abuse that fails to register with protective agencies. Inquiries, reports and media scrutiny are only the beginning of the change we need. If we’re going to save a lost generation from having childhood innocence ripped from them, then we need to stop obsessing about multiculturalism and reform children’s services now.

Labour really are in a right old pickle over this one.

You may characterize them 'moving in' as 'taking advantage of the situation'. I would applaud them for protesting against this grotesque act of despicable savagery and the institutionalized tolerance of the intolerable. The Islamists are the ones who admire Hitler, maybe you should aim your ire towards them.

Response to the Rotherham Situation from a Labour MP
Labour really are in a right old pickle over this one.

Suprised UKIP haven't turned up yet in Rotherman to join their far-right chums.

Presumably, they have other fish to fry in Clacton? :smile:

Suprised UKIP haven't turned up yet in Rotherman to join their far-right chums.

Presumably, they have other fish to fry in Clacton? :smile:

I wondered when you would bring UKIP into this....you really are a most repugnant and confused individual aren't you?
However I do enjoy exposing your stupidity (its rather like christmas everyday when you post), so below is the response from UKIP.

UKIP councillors have launched a campaign for justice for the victims of child sex abuse in the town.

Caven Vines, leader of the opposition on Rotherham Council, said: “We want justice for all the children that came forward and were let down by the authorities.

“We also want justice for all the victims who were too afraid to report the abuse they had to endure in silence. UKIP councillors will endeavour to hold any councillors, police officers or council employees to account for these disgraceful acts, if wrong doing or dereliction of duty is identified.

“UKIP Councillors invite all councillors, MPs for the Rotherham area and the relevant senior police officers, together with the Asian community, to join them in seeking justice.”

So in a nutshell they seek to work closer with all local communities, and want Justice for the victims

I wondered when you would bring UKIP into this....you really are a most repugnant and confused individual aren't you?
However I do enjoy exposing your stupidity (its rather like christmas everyday when you post), so below is the response from UKIP.

UKIP councillors have launched a campaign for justice for the victims of child sex abuse in the town.

Caven Vines, leader of the opposition on Rotherham Council, said: “We want justice for all the children that came forward and were let down by the authorities.

“We also want justice for all the victims who were too afraid to report the abuse they had to endure in silence. UKIP councillors will endeavour to hold any councillors, police officers or council employees to account for these disgraceful acts, if wrong doing or dereliction of duty is identified.

“UKIP Councillors invite all councillors, MPs for the Rotherham area and the relevant senior police officers, together with the Asian community, to join them in seeking justice.”

Not much different from this statement from Rotherham Labour Group, is it?

Tuesday, September 2nd, 2014 @ 4:11PM
Labour Group Statement

“It is absolutely right that those councillors shown by Professor Jay’s report to have failed through their action or inaction to protect Rotherham’s children from such awful crimes should be subject to disciplinary action, and so we welcome and support the action taken by the Labour Party today. After the report was published we asked for assistance from the national Labour Party to identify and deal with any disciplinary action required.

“Rotherham Labour Party commissioned Professor Jay’s report, fully accepted its findings and are determined to see all of its recommendations implemented as soon as possible. We can only achieve that, and regain the trust and confidence of the public we serve, if a thorough investigation is carried out so that those who failed so inexcusably in their duties, or stood in the way of this issue being tackled head on, are held to account.

“We give our firm commitment to the people of Rotherham that our absolute priority is doing everything we can to make sure victims of this heinous crime are receiving the proper support that has for so long been lacking. And, working with the police, we will work relentlessly to root out the perpetrators who have abused our borough’s children and make sure they are brought to justice.”

http://www.rotherhamlabour.org/2014/09/02/labour-group-statement/

Labour Group Statement

“It is absolutely right that those councillors shown by Professor Jay’s report to have failed through their action or inaction to protect Rotherham’s children from such awful crimes should be subject to disciplinary action, and so we welcome and support the action taken by the Labour Party today. After the report was published we asked for assistance from the national Labour Party to identify and deal with any disciplinary action required.

“Rotherham Labour Party commissioned Professor Jay’s report, fully accepted its findings and are determined to see all of its recommendations implemented as soon as possible. We can only achieve that, and regain the trust and confidence of the public we serve, if a thorough investigation is carried out so that those who failed so inexcusably in their duties, or stood in the way of this issue being tackled head on, are held to account.

“We give our firm commitment to the people of Rotherham that our absolute priority is doing everything we can to make sure victims of this heinous crime are receiving the proper support that has for so long been lacking. And, working with the police, we will work relentlessly to root out the perpetrators who have abused our borough’s children and make sure they are brought to justice.”

Not much different from this statement from Rotherham Labour Group, is it?

"Labour Group Statement

There are glaring differences, which clearly you have missed, allow me to point them out;

Nowhere in either Labour statement does it mention working closely with the local asian community.

Nowhere in th UKIP statement does it mention the need to discipline their own members.

UKIP don't need to regain the trust of the local people they serve as Labour acknowledge in their statement.

Interestingly the statement from Labour gave no apology.

UKIP also issued their statement in advance of Labour.

Read this. I know it wasn't printed yesterday so not relevant to you but read it anyway.
If you honestly believe this isn't a culture incident then I'm afraid it's you who's the ****ing idiot.
http://www.guardian-series.co.uk/ne...or__more_openness__on_sex_abuse_issue/?ref=rl

Lets get one thing absolutely straight here shall we. All these horrific cases we've heard about before and are now hearing again, albeit from Oxfordshire this time, are all about race and culture. It's not about an underclass section of society. It's not about a certain criminal element of society. It's about a culture and a race that treats and sees any female, regardless of age, as worthless and as a piece of meat to do with as they wish.

You can be absolutely certain of one thing. If these despicable acts had been perpetrated by a gang or group of white British 20 to 30 something men the authorities would have been all over it like a tramp on chips the first time accusations and complaints were made. You cannot get away or escape from the fact that because these horrible crimes were perpetrated by groups of Asian/Pakistani/Kashmiri men the authorities that should have been there to protect these young and vulnerable girls ran scared and pandered to the political/racial correctness mentality that so obviously permeated all aspects of their daily working life.

Is it political in nature too? Damn right it is. It's because of the years of left wing multicultural doctrine that's been instilled in places like Rotherham that's behind the 'lets not tell it like it is' mentality that let all these poor and vulnerable young ladies down in the first place.

Last edited:
Back