• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Dentists

Pubey

Vent your fury about these drilling, yanking spawn of Beelzebub!:punch:

If anyone on here is a dentist, or knows one personally... I apologise in advance

and could a mod remove my attempt at a crying smiley on the title!

Hey Pubey - guess what? I actually agree with you about something! Went last week for a check up, had an impromptu filling done with no anaesthetic which I just about managed to sit through while simultaneously thinking "I'm drowning!" and concentrating on my breathing to quell the rising panic, and blow me down, over the weekend, half a tooth snapped off.

My previous dentist was struck off and has left my mouth in a complete mess, so this one, bless her, is having to try and sort the mess out without it costing me an absolute fortune.

Very similar happened to me. about 5 years ago some dentist in her wisdom (geddit!) decided i needed a mouth full of fillings. since then i've had endless problems with them and now i've got an abcess under a tooth which no needs to come out. i'm sure there are plenty of decent dentists, but i've heard too many stories of filling-happy dentists who end up ruining perfectly good teeth

arghhh!

My old one, was using stuff out the ark, anaesthetic and needles from 25 years ago, fillings that are decidedly dodgy and claiming for top of the range stuff. I had to have 2 extractions, 2 root canals and 2 fillings straight off at the new dentist. She's now doing this as and when they need it.

am i odd, i refuse to have injecrtions when having fillings done..i'm more scred of the needle than i am the pain of the drill.

I have had many dentists - invariably Irish - and I am convinced some worked as consultants on Marathon man.

all the dentists here (torrevieja) are Norwegian..is there a stereotype I dont know about?

Overall they do a good job or we wouldnt go.

However I went yesterday and as she wasn’t busy she decided to give me two x-rays to see whats going under my fillings. They put the xray machine right next to your mouth, then run out of the room before it goes off. Whats that all about?

Overall they do a good job or we wouldnt go.

However I went yesterday and as she wasn’t busy she decided to give me two x-rays to see whats going under my fillings. They put the xray machine right next to your mouth, then run out of the room before it goes off. Whats that all about?

Yep that always freak me out!

I broke a tooth the other day bit it doesn't hurt and I haven't got a dentist, will need to get it looked at soon though.

Very similar happened to me. about 5 years ago some dentist in her wisdom (geddit!) decided i needed a mouth full of fillings. since then i've had endless problems with them and now i've got an abcess under a tooth which no needs to come out. i'm sure there are plenty of decent dentists, but i've heard too many stories of filling-happy dentists who end up ruining perfectly good teeth

arghhh!
My missus had the same tihng with the dentist at Connaught Rd in Rayleigh/Eastwood. Absolutley ruined her teeth with inane fillings, root canal work etc. Now at my dentist, Felmores dental surgery, NHS and always take new clients. Very very good dentist, even though it's based in Basildon!

am i odd, i refuse to have injecrtions when having fillings done..i'm more scred of the needle than i am the pain of the drill.

I was always scared of injections in my mouth as a kid and when I was told by a temporary dentist I had at the time that I didn't need one I was over the moon. After almost ripping his head off and jumping out of the chair on to the ceiling I would NEVER ever have one again without an injection, in fact I insist. Injections are horrid but far outweigh the go it alone filling method. Makes me shudder just thinking about it.

I don't want to complain too much as I must admit it is a luxury thesedays to be on the books of an NHS Dentist. However, I swear that the appointment handbook at my dentist was designed to **** off as many people as humanely possible.

First off its a nightmare even trying to get an appointment even for a check-up. If you do manage to get one and you turn up on time you can guarantee that you'll have to wait well over the odds for your actual turn in the chair.
However, God forbid that you might turn up 5 minutes late. This can result in a fine or even struck off in extreme cases. Not really a two way street is it hmm?

Secondly, if in my case you need some emergency work done on any of your peggys then its pretty tough. My "emergency" work is the result of shoddy workmanship in which I need to have a filling re-done for the 3rd time. Granted it's not a massive problem but it is getting more painful and I have a gaping hole in my tooth.
They do though class this kind of work as an emergency.

Now, if I want to have this sorted out then I have to phone up on the day, and emergency appointments are between 2 and 3pm! I mean that is so unreasonable especially for someone like me who works in London! Can you imagine me telling my boss that I need to leave for the day just after lunch to have a filling done?! How ridiculous. I have therefore had to make a fake appointment which I will be masquerading into as a check up patient and as soon as I get in that chair I will demand that hole to be filled (no jokes please).

Appointment is for the 22nd December so could be in for a nice Christmas bill.

Yep that always freak me out!

I broke a tooth the other day bit it doesn't hurt and I haven't got a dentist, will need to get it looked at soon though.

Try and get on the list of an NHS dentist as soon as you can. Otherwise, expect to pay more than double.

Had a tooth out yesterday - must say was not a good feeling, but the assistant was fit - she said no when I asked to take her photo for the A-Z totty thing!!!

I have found the ideal way in dealing with dentists, when sitting in the chair I place my open palm close to his genitals and say "We aren't going to hurt each other are we?" Works every time.

Try and get on the list of an NHS dentist as soon as you can. Otherwise, expect to pay more than double.

If you live near westcliff try the dentists down west road, they are taking on patients . They all female dentists and very pleasing to the eye, and highly efficient as well

Back