• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Depressing

hamburgshrimper

Youth Team
Not only do we have to put up with **** at club level, it seems that England are pretty passionless on their day as well (although we've known this for ages) Can't be arsed supporting a team of over-paid prima donnas who cant and wont show any bottle. Give me the likes of Pearce, Butcher and Gascoigne any day.

So you want them to do what? Go chasing after players and diving into challenges to show their passionate? The game has changed since the players you have mentioned, it is more about ability than pure strength and physicalness.

Guess by most of them not even being bothered to sing the national anthem is a pretty good indicator of the passion they lacked. The whole thing just seemed rather unimaginative. I get sick of all this spirit of 66 bollocks, the sooner people realise that we're there to make up the numbers, the better. It's a pretty sad indictment on the premier league, take away all the decent (foreign) players and that's what we're left with. I just feel sorry for the real fans, seeing their team of overpaid arrogant tossers not put in a decent shift when it really matters. People might beg to differ but the bubble burst long ago.

Not only do we have to put up with **** at club level, it seems that England are pretty passionless on their day as well (although we've known this for ages) Can't be arsed supporting a team of over-paid prima donnas who cant and wont show any bottle. Give me the likes of Pearce, Butcher and Gascoigne any day.

While i agree with your overpaid prima donnas comment,Pearce,Butcher and Gascoingne won nothing for England either.

Guess by most of them not even being bothered to sing the national anthem is a pretty good indicator of the passion they lacked. The whole thing just seemed rather unimaginative. I get sick of all this spirit of 66 bollocks, the sooner people realise that we're there to make up the numbers, the better. It's a pretty sad indictment on the premier league, take away all the decent (foreign) players and that's what we're left with. I just feel sorry for the real fans, seeing their team of overpaid arrogant tossers not put in a decent shift when it really matters. People might beg to differ but the bubble burst long ago.

So with potentially 7 games in just 30 days, do you want them to run themselves into the ground while playing at altitude.

Guess by most of them not even being bothered to sing the national anthem is a pretty good indicator of the passion they lacked.

Just because they chose not to sing the national anthem? I really don't see it that way. That's like saying supporters that don't sing at games aren't real supporters.

Try watching Algeria vs Slovenia and then you'll know what depressing is... No shots until the 37th minute and only about 3 by now and we're now in the 67th minute. If we fail to get out of this group we really would be ****

Try watching Algeria vs Slovenia and then you'll know what depressing is... No shots until the 37th minute and only about 3 by now and we're now in the 67th minute. If we fail to get out of this group we really would be ****

I so wish that Belhadj was part English, would solve our left midfield problem.

Guess by most of them not even being bothered to sing the national anthem is a pretty good indicator of the passion they lacked.

I'm passionate about the England football team. If I had the ability to play for them I'd be as passionate and commited as anyone.

However I will never sing God Save The Queen. So I don't see the relevance of that at all.

Perhaps like myself they dream of the day when the Royal family is a distant memory and their various residences have been turned into affordable accomodation for key workers?

Just a thought.

Yeah who gives a **** about the national anthem. Look at the pictures of Gerrard celebrating the goal and tell me he doesn't care!!

Back