• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Derby County have massive problems of course but look at this wonderful compliment.......

Not as strong as the glue holding his syrup in place.

Forgive me. He has surprised me and many others. It’s a special leader who can galvanise players to give their all for a club that threatens to drag everyone down with it. A kind of working man’s Winston Churchill IMHO.

He has surprised me too (along with many others I feel) but what a fabulous job he is doing.

I’m also in the admiration camp for Rooney and would have been top of the skeptics list. I think it would be a massive mistake for him to leave now. Even if Derby fail to stay up they’re making an epic fight of it.

I’m also in the admiration camp for Rooney and would have been top of the skeptics list. I think it would be a massive mistake for him to leave now. Even if Derby fail to stay up they’re making an epic fight of it.
Agreed, although there's no guarantee there will be a Derby for Rooney to manage next season.

Middlesbrough are suing Derby because they feel that Derby beating them to the last playoff place a couple of seasons back was cheating given Derby overspent and they're demanding compensation. Wycombe are also doing a separate lawsuit saying that Derby should have been relegated instead of themselves last season.

I have no idea how likely these lawsuits are to succeed but the EFL is insisting any buyer of Derby has to provide proof of funds to settle these lawsuits (even if they don't actually end up requiring a payout) otherwise they can't buy the club. Whilst there is interest in buying the club no one is willing to put up the cash to settle two potential lawsuits. It's a ridiculous situation, Middlesbrough and Wycombe seem to be willing to kill Derby off completely over their grievances with Derby's current owners.

Agreed, he has given them a real chance of staying up which with the squad, lack of preseason & 21? point deduction is amazing. Would be interesting to see if he can do it.

Has anybody got any idea how much Derby County are in debt?

Cricko......Thanks a lot..........Wow I wonder how that happened?

Wonder if any of the £8.3m pending in transfer fees relates to Isaac Hutchinson. Staggering the amount some clubs look to spend trying to get into the money spinner that is the Premier League.

Wonder if any of the £8.3m pending in transfer fees relates to Isaac Hutchinson. Staggering the amount some clubs look to spend trying to get into the money spinner that is the Premier League.
they did and they failed ,now they got to accept the consequences ,i just feel sorry for their supporters.

Cricko......Thanks a lot for the link.
It makes shocking reading............Do you think that somehow Derby can carry on?

**** Derby - some of us have long memories of them acting up on the last day of the season in the 90s. They don't deserve Wayne and I hope he goes to Everton.

Last game of the season after Judas Fry left for Birmingham, great game, we beat Derby 4-3. (maybe 4-2?). The kids all ran on to the field at full time and Derby's lads came out to greet them. Not surprisingly, the kids turned tail and ran back to the stands and Derby acted like they had made us run. There were plenty of fun and games on the seafront afterwards, particularly on Pier Hill as I recall.

Back