• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Zone Update Dervite out with the lads

SUFCFANS

Coach
Spotted Dervite out with Barrett and Revs Sat night. Either a good sign that he's settled, or it was his leaving do!!!

I saw Dervite on saturday get out of a cab on Leigh broadway with Alan McCormack. They were using the cashpoint. I was going to ask him whether he was going to sign for Southend permanently but I got scared and hid round the back of NatWest instead.

Blimey, he had a busy night, first with Macca then with Barrett! Or is someone telling me Revs, Barrett and he joined Macca out at his usual choice of venues?

Yep a good turn out from the lads in Belini's Saturday night , Che wilson was there too and still think he's the best bloke out of current squad , always got time for anyone that wants a chat .

All in good form too they were .

Yep a good turn out from the lads in Belini's Saturday night , Che wilson was there too and still think he's the best bloke out of current squad , always got time for anyone that wants a chat .

All in good form too they were .

Still looking for a LB aren't we.........?

Seen him in Mayhem with Macca the other week, nice bloke.

A season long loan may not be totally out of the question..

Seen him in Mayhem with Macca the other week, nice bloke.

A season long loan may not be totally out of the question..

agree with this, I doubt he'll be anywhere near the Spurs 1st team next season, although there may be CCC interest

I think it will be a similiar case to Lee Sawyer. Dervite has "proved" himself at League One level at us, as did Sawyer and Tottenham will look for him to step up a level at a Championship side, possibly Watford to aid his developement and progression.

Yes I'd love him to be hear come August time, but realistically it wont happen.

Anyone else of the opinion that the players should only be allowed out on the beer if they've won that week? Quite frankly a one-all draw with Oldham isn't acceptable and they should all have been indoors watching a DVD of the game to see where they can improve next week ;)

PS - For those of you who hadn't noticed, that's a winking smiley at the end of the post....

Last edited:
With Ledley King's future as a full time professional looking increasingly under threat, I doubt very highly that Spurs will let him go on a season long loan.

Don't forget, the only reason we got Dervite on loan in the first place was because he had just returned from a ligament injury and needed competitive, regular football in order to regain his sharpness. He's done this now, and has even forced his way back into the France U21's.

Like Stanislas, I think Dervite is a lot closer to the first team that some people think.

Anyone else of the opinion that the players should only be allowed out on the beer if they've won that week? Quite frankly a one-all draw with Oldham isn't acceptable and they should all have been indoors watching a DVD of the game to see where they can improve next week ;)

PS - For those of you who hadn't noticed, that's a winking smiley at the end of the post....

Yes, I know it's a winking one and yes, I too have been surprised at the censorship of that word, the only thing they need to know from Oldham though, is that when the Southend fans say they're not going home until the players come out, we do ACTUALLY mean it!

On topic though, I'd hope Spurs would look at the big picture this year and understand that we should be making a serious push for the CCC and to that end a season long loan, or even at least for 6 months - with a recall clause - would be good for him.

Last edited:
Back