• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

David Bowie-Life on Mars
Black Sabbath- Paranoid
Sailor- A little of champagne
Sparks - Beat the clock
Roberta Flack-First time
Kenny Logins-Footloose
Herb Albert- This guys in Love
Black Betty-Black Betty

Book- Stonehenge by Ken Follett

Luxury A set of golf clubs and endless supply of golf balls

Would this have anything to do with the masters just starting and maybe watching a few clips of he 16th trick shots?

As for my list, give me a while, this is going to be tricky.

The Dirt is a great book.

I liked the quote after Nikki Sixx wrote Kickstart my heart - "I try and get at least one song out of every overdose."

It's full of great stories, those guys lived a mental life for a few years! Loved the stories of them on tour with Ozzy, trying to out rockstar each other and Ozzy winning.

Do people ever do Desert Island Discs more than once? My choices change on a daily if not hourly basis. For now I'll go something like:

Beatles - Here Comes the Sun
Bedrock - Heaven Scent
Goldie - Innercity Life
Joy Division - Love Will Tear Us Apart
Miles Davis - So What
Nirvana - Teen Spirit
Otis Redding - (Sittin' on the) Dock of the Bay
The Specials - Message to Rudy

Book: Catch22

Luxury item - I'd happily take Cricko's superyacht but assuming that's not allowed if I'm on a desert island I'd want diving kit (which is presumably already on Cricko's yacht).

Do people ever do Desert Island Discs more than once? My choices change on a daily if not hourly basis. For now I'll go something like:

Beatles - Here Comes the Sun
Bedrock - Heaven Scent
Goldie - Innercity Life
Joy Division - Love Will Tear Us Apart

Miles Davis - So What
Nirvana - Teen Spirit
Otis Redding - (Sittin' on the) Dock of the Bay
The Specials - Message to Rudy

Book: Catch22

Luxury item - I'd happily take Cricko's superyacht but assuming that's not allowed if I'm on a desert island I'd want diving kit (which is presumably already on Cricko's yacht).

This is another very strong selection, love all the tracks in bold. Think I will have a listen to the other 2 as you obviously have very good taste :hilarious:

This is another very strong selection, love all the tracks in bold. Think I will have a listen to the other 2 as you obviously have very good taste :hilarious:

Ha, go for it. From two great albums and masterpieces of their genres - Miles Davis' Kind of Blue and John Digweed's Bedrock.

Joan Baez - Joe Hill
Byrds - Turn turn turn
Emmylou Harris - Here there and everywhere
Miles Davis - anything from 'Kind of blue'
John Coltrane - My favourite things
Frank Sinatra - One for my baby
Judy Collins - Both sides now
Billie Holiday- For all we know

Book - William Faulkner: Absalom, Absalom

Luxury item - endless supply of writing paper and ballpoint pens

After much thought.

Enter Sandman - Metallica
Fugazi - Marillion
Wish You Were Here - Pink Floyd
Bullets With Butterfly Wings - Smashing Pumpkins
Spirit of Radio - Rush
Songs From The Wood - Jethro Tull
The Welsh National Anthem - Recorded at Cardiff, sung by rugby fans. (I'm not Welsh but it knocks me bandy everytime when they belt that out)

Book....
The Dome - Stephen King

Luxury item...

A ICBM with silo and launch codes....... Dump me on a poxy desert Island will yer!!!

An impossible choice.

Hey Jude - The Beatles
Take Five - Dave Brubeck Quartet
Bittersweet Symphony - The Verve
La Traviata (Brindsi) - Verdi
Teen Spirit - Nirvana
People Help The People - Cherry Ghost
The Arrival of The Queen of Sheba - Handel
Goodbye (Nothing to Say) - The Javells.

Book - His Dark Materials (Phillip Pullman - yes, I know it's a trilogy but I'm sure there's a version with them all in one).

Luxury Item - Pack of cards.

This would probably be different every week but for now -

Smashing Pumpkins - Stand Inside Your Love
Foo Fighters - Ain't it the Life
James Taylor - Fire and Rain
Don Henley - The Boys of Summer
Queen - Radio Ga Ga
Soundgarden - Black Hole Sun
Pearl Jam - Alive
The Midnight - Gloria

Book - Mindwarp by James Follett

Luxury Item - Unlimited supply of sketchbooks and pencils, would be nice to try and actually get good at drawing.

A tough choice:

Starless - King Crimson
Dogs - Pink Floyd
Close to the Edge - Yes
Starship Trooper - Yes
Police Truck - Dead Kennedys
Shine on you Crazy Diamond - Pink Floyd
Uncertain Smile - The The
Aerospace Age Inferno - Robert Calvert

Book: The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy books

Luxury item: Cigarettes

Very very hard-

Souls of Mischief -93 til Infinity
Jason Rebello - When Words Fail
Gershwin- Rhapsody in Blue
Ian Dury and the Blockheads - Inbetweenies
Jimi Hendrix - Angel
Bill Withers - Lovely Day
Leroy Hutson- Lucky Fellow
The Natural Four - You Bring out the Best in Me

Book: The Kid Stays in the Picture by Bob Evans

Luxury item: Piano (can't play, always wanted to)

I'll have a pair of Carl Zeiss Jena binoculars please and a copy of The Bounty Mutiny: William Bligh's Firsthand account, whilst I listen to:

Last Night I Dreamt Somebody Loved Me: The Smiths
Thank You: The Pale Fountains
When the Levee Breaks: Led Zeppelin
Song to the Siren: This Mortal Coil
If I Could Dream: Elvis Presley
She Sells Sanctuary: The Cult
Adagio of Spartacus: Khatuchurian
Piano Concerto no. 2: Rachmaninov

I'll have a pair of Carl Zeiss Jena binoculars please and a copy of The Bounty Mutiny: William Bligh's Firsthand account, whilst I listen to:

Thank You: The Pale Fountains

I prefer this one:

[video=youtube;jZzKnNABzo8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZzKnNABzo8[/video]

Excellent thread!

The Killers - Mr Brightside
Robert Knight - Love on a Mountain Top
Genesis - Follow You, Follow Me
The Rifles - Tangled up in Love
The Ukulele Orchestra of Great Britain's version of Talking Heads' Psycho Killer
The Osmonds - The Proud One
The Four Seasons - Silver Star
Secret Affair - My World

My book choice, well, like MK I'd want to cheat a bit and take one of two trilogies - either Tolkein's The Lord of the Rings or Phillipa Gregory's Wideacre trio, however if it has to be a single book, then I think it would have to be Jilly Cooper's Pandora, my favourite of her books and one that easily stands alone from the rest.

Luxury item, not much point in having a vehicle of some kind to take you away from your island solitude as it defeats the object. I think a bed would be important to me, suffering more with a spot of arthur here and there so a nice comfy bed would be great - or a set of watercolours, paper and brushes to get back to a hobby I used to love.

Back