• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Desire?

palexander

Life President
Much as I dislike McCormack, thought it was a telling interview on BBC Essex. He said that what was said should really stay in the dressing room, but he said lots of fingers pointed (probably at him) as players lack desire to defend properly and give the ball away too much.

Sounded very down and was very forthright.

Tilson also said as much - again using the word 'desire' to defend and keep shape.

This is another worrying sign for the rest of the season. I doubt we'll be getting many more players in, the ones we have aren't technically good enough and now their desire and work rate is being questioned...

there was no desire today. we should have played out of our skins. but walking around as if not to have a care in the world.

very hard to take.

Much as I dislike McCormack, thought it was a telling interview on BBC Essex. He said that what was said should really stay in the dressing room, but he said lots of fingers pointed (probably at him) as players lack desire to defend properly and give the ball away too much.

Sounded very down and was very forthright.

Tilson also said as much - again using the word 'desire' to defend and keep shape.

This is another worrying sign for the rest of the season. I doubt we'll be getting many more players in, the ones we have aren't technically good enough and now their desire and work rate is being questioned...

{probably at mooser}...

Perhaps Macca should point the finger at himself for his childish shove on Pitman which gave away the free kick which led to their goal. He may have scored the goal and had a decent game but his attitude and behaviour at times on the pitch is pitiful.

Perhaps Macca should point the finger at himself for his childish shove on Pitman which gave away the free kick which led to their goal. He may have scored the goal and had a decent game but his attitude and behaviour at times on the pitch is pitiful.

if you listened he did do that. he blamed himself. something tilly should think a lot about when playing 1 man up front at home to a relegation team.

Think you could point fingers ALL over the park today. All 5 midfielders were woeful going forwards or backwards. Back 4 did ok, but we are so disjointed in terms of a settled unit that it is never cohesive.

finger pointers all over the park why mc cormack [then]

Yip, fair do's he held his hands up and said the free kick was his fault and silly - but then said as much as that it still could/should have been stopped following the take - fair point I feel.

I have to agree with you here. There was no need to have given that free kick away that they scored from. What was Macca thinking about, the player was on the floor and then to walk away and stamp on his feet said it all.
I love to see some aggression in a game but, I think some people mistake aggression as passion.

Thought Macca's interview was very honest. Tilly never gives too much away and remains positive and upbeat with the media, so it was good to hear that there was some home truths and finger pointing following that performance today.

Well he scored!

The last 10 minutes was shocking, we stood off no-one was closing the opposition and it was just too easy for Wycombe!

Spot on. His attitude after that scuffle was embarassing to watch

right a quick word, this may shock you:
FOR ALL THE MACCA HATERS WHO BELIEVE HE IS IN IT FOR HE BEER AND THE PIER
last season I took macca to the airport after the brighton away game, he was feking fumming, you couldnt or probably wouldnt excpect him to be or any pros after a game as mad as that, certainly I have very really felt the way he did after loosing a game, maybe not all of them because I only know a couple of the lads, but the bloke cares, he really cares about playing football, and getting the right result, serioulsy when we dropped him off me and my pal were like' oooh fek I wouldnt want to have been in that dressing room!!! I love him to death anyway but I really felt proud that he felt so bad after looosing a game, and you could really tell how upset he was, and I dont think that changes with siome of them, these spats on the pitch ect are just an outshowing of passion that should really mean abit for some of you, IT SHOWS HE CARES

That was his best display of the season until the 64th minute when he decided to act like a 10 year old. After giving away the free kick for the goal everything he touched went wrong. And why insist on shooting from 25 yards everytime the ball rolls to you when everyone in the ground knows where it's going!?

When I saw OBL walk round in front of me with the man of the match people, I had an inkling he might be taking home a bottle of champagne though. Don't know why. Call me Mystic Meg.

:dim:

That was his best display of the season until the 64th minute when he decided to act like a 10 year old. After giving away the free kick for the goal everything he touched went wrong. And why insist on shooting from 25 yards everytime the ball rolls to you when everyone in the ground knows where it's going!?

When I saw OBL walk round in front of me with the man of the match people, I had an inkling he might be taking home a bottle of champagne though. Don't know why. Call me Mystic Meg.

:dim:
Got to defend OBL here she was the 1 person in the box who did not want to give motm to alan as she knew what the postings on this board would be. She was over ruled as no-one was brilliant and so the man of the match was decided by Roxy and Blondie

Got to defend OBL here she was the 1 person in the box who did not want to give motm to alan as she knew what the postings on this board would be. She was over ruled as no-one was brilliant and so the man of the match was decided by Roxy and Blondie

The only player you could have legitimately given it to was Mildy - without him we'd have got naff all today (and deservedly so!).

right a quick word, this may shock you:
FOR ALL THE MACCA HATERS WHO BELIEVE HE IS IN IT FOR HE BEER AND THE PIER
last season I took macca to the airport after the brighton away game, he was feking fumming, you couldnt or probably wouldnt excpect him to be or any pros after a game as mad as that, certainly I have very really felt the way he did after loosing a game, maybe not all of them because I only know a couple of the lads, but the bloke cares, he really cares about playing football, and getting the right result, serioulsy when we dropped him off me and my pal were like' oooh fek I wouldnt want to have been in that dressing room!!! I love him to death anyway but I really felt proud that he felt so bad after looosing a game, and you could really tell how upset he was, and I dont think that changes with siome of them, these spats on the pitch ect are just an outshowing of passion that should really mean abit for some of you, IT SHOWS HE CARES

But we won 3-1 at Brighton last season...... :unsure:

Originally Posted by Angell Delight
The only player you could have legitimately given it to was Mildy - without him we'd have
got naff all today (and deservedly so!).

So I understand but when you are giving man of the match you are held in the tunnel for the last 10mins of the match so did not see most of Mildenhalls heroics

Back