• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Desperate times

Rob Noxious

Retro Supremo⭐
... call for desperate measures.

I'm going to see if Shooey The Wonder Cat can evoke the spirit of A Cat Called Chicken (RIP) for the last 11 games in a hopeful effort to keep us up, just like Chick helped with in 2018-19.

It may be a forlorn hope but you never know.

I'll be giving plentiful thought to his matchday preparation and also encouraging Shooe throughout the game to find his inner Chick and guide us out of this mess. In my role as 'The Cat Whisperer', I'll be exhorting Shoee to conjure up "goals for the Blues". You heard it here first.

Shooey The Wondercat.jpg

I'm going to see if Shooey The Wonder Cat can evoke the spirit of A Cat Called Chicken (RIP) for the last 11 games in a hopeful effort to keep us up, just like Chick helped with in 2018-19.

I'll be giving plentiful thought to his matchday preparation and also encouraging Shooe throughout the game to find his inner Chick and guide us out of this mess. In my role as 'The Cat Whisperer', I'll be exhorting Shoee to conjure up "goals for the Blues". You heard it here first.

View attachment 14785
Looks mean and raring to go.

God b

View attachment 14785
God bless your cat Sir !????????????????

The pre-match prep. started tonight in the Fort Nox shebeen where I hang out the back with my drinking buddy Rob Toffee (an Everton fan). Rob Toffee's second team is us now, even above Tranmere, near where he's from in Bebington, Birkenhead. Anyway, Shooe came out to join us and I cosseted him and treated him highly kindly, with great respect for his potentially taliscatic powers. He's been well-fed too and I've allowed him to stay on Rob Toffee's chair overnight. The chiminea's still going, so he should be nice and warm for a bit more too. The serious pre-match begins in earnest in the morning though. I've a feeling that Shooe knows the importance of this one. Anyway, here's a pic of the shebeen (and Shooe lounging around there) in the daytime.

smiley Shooe.jpg

I've just been whispering the requirements for today in his ear. I think that he gets it.

He had a very early breakfast of his favourite courses, i.e. a Whiskas poultry sachet for the mature cat (11+), topped off with some dry bikkies from the Purina 11+ range along with a bowl of semi-skimmed milk and his Greek yoghurt chaser, but just a sparing portion.

He's now on his second Whiskas poultry sachet and is asking for more. And today, I'm answering his every need. However, this appears to have been a reflexive response. He doesn't actually want anymore as he didn't follow me into the utility room (where he dines).

So far, so good. Just hoping that all the prep. turns out ok and that Shooey will deliver on that whispered request: - "Goals for the Blues."

Last edited:
I've just been whispering the requirements for today in his ear. I think that he gets it.

He had a very early breakfast of his favourite courses, i.e. a Whiskas poultry sachet for the mature cat (11+), topped off with some dry bikkies from the Purina 11+ range along with a bowl of semi-skimmed milk and his Greek yoghurt chaser, but just a sparing portion.

He's now on his second Whiskas poultry sachet and is asking for more. And today, I'm answering his every need. However, this appears to have been a reflexive response. He doesn't actually want anymore as he didn't follow me into the utility room (where he dines).

So far, so good. Just hoping that all the prep. turns out ok and that Shooey will deliver on that whispered request: - "Goals for the Blues."
Give cats milk ? Please check

He's just emerged from the sofa and I've fed him again. I've requested a goal for the Blues in doing so. Here's hoping!

Back