• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

fbm

Blue tinted optimist⭐
We will go up today. Everything points to it.

Brown's new fitness regime which makes us one of the fittest teams in the league at the this stage of the season.

The depth of squad means that the squad players are just as good as the first XI and are ready replacements if necessary, giving us an awesome bench.

The return of Adam Barrett to add passion, urgency, experience and a touch of class to the back four

Symmetry - the last time we were in 3rd place in the league was the second game of the season, having won our first game. So we go back to 3rd after the penultimate match.

The Morecambe curse - you can't always lose against one team - it's surely our turn.

The Bury re-arranged game - if it hadn't been abandoned, would we have won? We had just come off the back of a really poor game against Cambridge and what seemed like a season deflating defeat at Burton having been 1-0 up against 10 men at half time with them having made 2 enforced substitutions.

Speaking of which... the comments Brown made at the time about the automatics being out of the question now seems like a masterstroke, taking the pressure off the players completely (which I and several others said at the time).

Lady Luck - the goal last week against Luton when we had 10 men and were under the cosh.

The support - this has built up - especially away from home - and we have at last become the 12th man. Today will be absolutely awesome.

Momentum - 7 straight victories, 8 consecutive clean sheets... wow. We must seem to be unbeatable to the opposition.

The Manager of the Month jinx - has this been nullified by the Player of the Month Award as well? (ok, clutching at straws for that one)

So there you have it. The fbm view on destiny and why we will get promoted. Today.

I'm off to the airport soon to catch the plane up. Safe journey to everyone.

COME ON YOU BLUES!

Its now in the lap of the gods .And there are 11 gods plus subs at 3 oclock this afternoon UTB .

The flight is only 50 minutes but it is going to seem like hours!!

As for the time between arriving at the ground and kick off - it will be torturous

Looking forward to a good day out. If we score more than them we go up, if not we have more good days out lined up. Feeling calm at the mo and just up for an away trip with a big vocal following.

We will go up today. Everything points to it.

Brown's new fitness regime which makes us one of the fittest teams in the league at the this stage of the season.

The depth of squad means that the squad players are just as good as the first XI and are ready replacements if necessary, giving us an awesome bench.

The return of Adam Barrett to add passion, urgency, experience and a touch of class to the back four

Symmetry - the last time we were in 3rd place in the league was the second game of the season, having won our first game. So we go back to 3rd after the penultimate match.

The Morecambe curse - you can't always lose against one team - it's surely our turn.

The Bury re-arranged game - if it hadn't been abandoned, would we have won? We had just come off the back of a really poor game against Cambridge and what seemed like a season deflating defeat at Burton having been 1-0 up against 10 men at half time with them having made 2 enforced substitutions.

Speaking of which... the comments Brown made at the time about the automatics being out of the question now seems like a masterstroke, taking the pressure off the players completely (which I and several others said at the time).

Lady Luck - the goal last week against Luton when we had 10 men and were under the cosh.

The support - this has built up - especially away from home - and we have at last become the 12th man. Today will be absolutely awesome.

Momentum - 7 straight victories, 8 consecutive clean sheets... wow. We must seem to be unbeatable to the opposition.

The Manager of the Month jinx - has this been nullified by the Player of the Month Award as well? (ok, clutching at straws for that one)

So there you have it. The fbm view on destiny and why we will get promoted. Today.

I'm off to the airport soon to catch the plane up. Safe journey to everyone.

COME ON YOU BLUES!
If only football was as simple as logic. It's not. I'm scared.

Sometimes on day's like today you just feel it's all going to go wrong, but not today. Just doesn't feel like it will.

Can you imagine the drive our guys have, compared to theirs.

You can't come this far on such a run and not feel that it's not to be. Just doesn't sit right and as someone said earlier, the fitness levels and strength of our bench, plus 2,400 supporters.

It's got to be the biggest lift anyone could have going onto a football field.

The biggest worry for me is can we score. It was a struggle against Exeter and Luton and I can't see today being any different. Hope I'm wrong and we are 3 up by half time. :smile:

I agree, but the area we aren't great at is the first 15-20 minutes.

In most of the last few games, we've not started great and could have been behind.

If we start well and I can't believe we won't be right on it from the first whistle, I think we will be fine.

I also fancy Tranmere to win today. Don't know why. Just have a sneaky.

If this game had nothing riding on it and we had cemented 4th and couldn't go up or down then I would be confident this would be an easy win, but I'm terrified.

Could do with an early goal to ease the nerves and pressure as I'm not sure my nerves or heart can take another late 1-0 like Exeter, Bury, Luton, etc., so it seems nailed on that if we win it'll be a late late goal.

The Blue Voice flag is flying proudly from the cockpit window of the Jota 146 at the moment - not at 20,000 foot though! Still at airport but boarding.

Good luck to all going today, I really hope we are all smiling at 5pm

Our destiny is losing 1-0 at Stevenage and winning 2-1 at roots hall.....as that is the recent trend...

just to put the cherry on the cake , Colchester and Orient will survive relegation...

3rd time lucky for Brown, just as it was for Tilson. That is our destiny.

Hopefully, but driving back from Morecambe today, after the League 1 results came through, it was stated that this is the 9th time Preston have reached the play-offs, and lost the lot!!!

Back