• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Devon / Cornwall

DTS

The Business
Hello all,

We have a holiday booked to Spain for the early summer (June) but thinking I might fancy a long weekend in Devon/Cornwall with the wife/kids in August sort of time.

We went to Croyde a few years ago and I have been to Newquay a few times. Just wondered if anyone else can recommend anywher. Looking for family resort and nice beaches please?

Cheers
Dave

Hi DTS, having had many visits to Cornwall to see family, there are some great places - its just the weather can be a touch erratic even in summer. Its never cold, but can be wet - although they would have me think otherwise with tales of how the sun shines non-stop until conveniently I come down to visit. Can't speak too much for Devon, but remember having some great holidays there with my nan and grandad.

In Cornwall, Marazion is fabulous with great beaches and views, as is Carbis Bay with its long expanse of sandy beaches and the Porthminster Cafe. Also plenty of chic bars and restaurants to be found in both St Ives & Falmouth together with plenty of family stuff for the children too.

Hello all,

We have a holiday booked to Spain for the early summer (June) but thinking I might fancy a long weekend in Devon/Cornwall with the wife/kids in August sort of time.

We went to Croyde a few years ago and I have been to Newquay a few times. Just wondered if anyone else can recommend anywher. Looking for family resort and nice beaches please?

Cheers
Dave

Shrimpero is your man way out west.

Have a look at Jersey. Less than an hours flight from Southend.

Have a look at Jersey. Less than an hours flight from Southend.

Seconded. Had a lovely break there a few years ago pre-kids but it's clearly well set out for the youngsters. Plemont is one of the loveliest beaches I've ever been to

Jersey-plemont_1989229b.jpg

Try Australia got some great beaches , the outback is amazing too,shopping for the wife is great and the kids would love the Gold coast and WARNER BROTHERS MOVIE WORLD ,as you and the wife would too, if you like crocodile hunting well go to the Northen territory,Fishing is great here also, and the women on Bondi Beach ,mmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Try Australia got some great beaches , the outback is amazing too,shopping for the wife is great and the kids would love the Gold coast and WARNER BROTHERS MOVIE WORLD ,as you and the wife would too, if you like crocodile hunting well go to the Northen territory,Fishing is great here also, and the women on Bondi Beach ,mmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Perfect for a quick break if you live in the UK too.

Dartmoor, Salcombe, Exmouth, Dawlish just some of the nice places. My gf lives in Devon so know it well. As a previous poster said it is full of lots of wonderful places, and lots of kids to do.

Back